Career Area:Purchasing & Procurement
Job Purpose: To control production and inventory activities to achieve maximum customer/client service, minimum inventory investment and efficient material flow.
The hiring manager for this position is open to the selected candidate working either 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift. Starting wage for this position is $17.55/hour + 5% shift premium (2nd & 3rd shift only).
Job Duties: Performs complex duties, which may include but not limited to spread sheet analysis, reconciles various types of shipping and receiving grief and offers resolution, generates reports and analysis. Coordinates the entering, expediting and shipment of customer orders utilizing various MAMM systems, enters purchase orders and schedules, performs special projects assigned by management, communicates with various departments and personnel, both internally and externally, to satisfy customer and team needs. May operate various office machinery and equipment such as computer terminals and/or calculators, etc.
- Ability to frequently lift and carry product weighing up to 35 pounds for intervals of 15-30 minutes
- Ability to push / pull product weighing up to 50 pounds for intervals of 10-15 minutes
- Work at heights of up to 30 feet from the floor
- Ability to drive order picker, reach truck and / or sit-down forklifts after training period
- Ability to climb on and off order picker, reach truck and / or sit-down forklifts multiple times per day
- Work in an environment with frequently changing temperatures
- Walk, squat and bend over for intervals of 15-30 minutes, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to stand up to 8+ hours per day on concrete floor with or without limited movement
- Ability to climb up and down ladders of 6 feet with handrails
- Ability to work in an environment with noise levels averaging up to 85 db per 8 hours
- Ability to work overtime as requested by employer
- Able to complete training on a computer when required (this is primarily for safety and job-related training)
- Previous warehouse experience
- Previous clerical experience
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Experience reading standard work and writing continuous improvement cards
- Experience utilizing computers and RF Scanners for material movement transactions
- Good analytical and organizational skills
- Previous Receiving Experience
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
Please ensure you frequently check the email account you provided on your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .