Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
Caterpillar has exciting opportunities for accountants who want to be challenged and are interested in advancing through a number of staff and supervisory assignments. This Accounting Analyst ( internally known as Staff Accountant I Cost/Decision Support ) role is within the Precision Seals Operations business resources team. The facility is located in Mapleton, but the position has flexibility in how often you go into the office. Caterpillar Precision Seals America (CPSA) produces parts which are used both internally and externally. CPSA is part of Wear Components with multiple career progressions throughout.
Job duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Capital expenditure forecasting and reporting
- Current product cost monitoring including cost system maintenance and grief resolution
- New Product Introduction (NPI) support including future cost, should cost and alternative analyses
- Determining Internal Rate of Return (IRR) for low to medium complexity projects
- Product group budgeting and expense analysis
- Component sourcing analysis
- 4-year degree in accounting/finance OR any 4-year degree with an accounting certification (CPA/CMA)
- 1+ years of accounting experience
Top Candidate Will Also Have:
- Proven record of strong initiative, leadership, accountability and effective communication skills
- Power BI experience or willingness to learn as we work to improve our reporting and data analytic
- Location: Mapleton, IL; Peoria, IL
- Domestic relocation is available for those who qualify
Employee benefit details:
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary, because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits [medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401(k)] along with the potential of an annual bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers
#LIRelocation is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .