Career Area:Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Safety Coordinator - 1st Shift
Location: Lafayette, Indiana
Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, Incentives/Bonus Opportunities, Matching 401k, available first day of employment.
www.caterpillar.com/careers : Apply online and create a candidate account.
CATERPILLAR - BUILD WHAT MATTERS
What matters most to you? Is it being part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe, and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters!
As a Safety Team Lead at Caterpillar, you will partner with EHS team members to maintain compliance and proactively identify and mitigate risk.
This position requires daily factory floor presence and continuous promotion of safe behavior to drive a positive safety culture within the facility. An emphasis is placed on proactive, continuous safety improvement.
Responsibilities include interacting with all levels of Operations management, support groups, team leaders, and technicians to meet safety goals and objectives. This job includes the understanding of Lafayette safety processes and initiatives and a commitment to ensure compliance with regulatory and corporate requirements. This role will perform various assignments to support management of site and contractor safety and environmental programs.
Examples include but are not limited to:
- Develop, update, and deliver EHS training and materials
- Accurately track training records within the Workday system
- Participate in incident investigations and assist value streams with determining root cause and permanent corrective actions
- Support manufacturing engineering with CI card program
- Create weekly ‘Start-of-Shift’ safety slides
- Support proactive safety improvement and initiatives within the facility
- Conduct various safety audits
- Engage technicians on safety concerns to improve safety culture
- Support technician-driven safety programs
- Assist EHS Leadership in maintaining compliance with the EHS Assurance Manual
- Complete Job Risk Assessments
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Effectively communicate in written and verbal forms
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills needed including the ability to work effectively with a diverse group
- Must be motivated self-starter, a quick learner and able to research and learn on his/her own
- Able to independently organize workload daily with minimal supervision
- Experienced and comfortable working with computers and Microsoft programs including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint, etc.
- Experience effectively collaborating with and/or facilitating cross-functional teams to achieve results
- Ability to troubleshoot effectively to identify and resolve issues
- Must be dependable and willing to work overtime or on an off shift as needed
Top candidates will also have:
- Leadership experience
- Postsecondary education
- 3+ years of work within an industrial environment
- Experience utilizing root cause analysis tools (5-why’s, Ishikawa)
- SharePoint / Power Bi experience
- OSHA 30-hour course completion
- Location of this position is in Lafayette, IN
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.
- 18 days / 144 hours of paid Personal Time Off (PTO) - (Prorated based upon start date)
- 11 Paid holidays
- Climate controlled work environment – most areas
- 100% 401k match up to 6%
- Health, dental, vision, & life insurance effective first day of employment
- Quarterly incentive program with potential for annual bonus
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers . Please ensure you frequently check the email account you provided on your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .