DISTRIBUTION SUPERVISOR – SANTA CATARINA
Materials matter here. So, do you.
For every new road or bridge that connects people and enables commerce, there was once a fleet of Cat® machines at work—and those machines were once just iron and steel. As a member of our supply chain team, you’ll make sure those raw materials make their way into our factories, where they’re transformed into the products that help build a better world.
To perform Supervision of Logistic operations ensuring components / semi-finished / Finished goods are received, processed, packaged, stored and shipped efficiently. Incumbent responsibility to ensure safety and quality meeting company standards and specifications.
JOB RELATED STATISTICS:
Productivity – Lines per man hour, Accuracy (Receive-Storage-Picking-Material issue to POU & Shipment), Build in Quality, IRA, Warehouse Utilization, Missing parts/Unit. Performing 100% to Batam Facility targets.
Working under the direction of Logistics Manager, ensuring Logistics operations [Receiving, Storage, Picking, Contamination control & Shipment]. Perform tasks to improve Logistic process flow.
• Supervise various locations in the Logistics Department including Receiving, Order filling and Shipping, loading and unloading material, systems related grief resolution and storage of material.
• Supervising hourly personnel to ensure completion of assignments in a timely manner.
• Drive team to identify continuous improvement ideas and engage support functions to implement the same.
• Collaborate with packaging engineer to identify improvement opportunities for supplier supplied parts preservation.
• Ensuring components/Goods are received, packaged, stored and Issued in an efficient, safe, timely manner.
• Manage shipping activity to ensure timely finish goods shipment with correct documentation and packaging.
• Ensuring an effective work force by assigning, directing and motivating employees.
• Enforcing company policies and procedures while abiding by the company/union contract.
• Investigate root causes and perform corrective action to resolve the problems identified.
• Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
Incumbent is responsible to support / achieve 100% Supply Chain – Logistics PQVC targets.
Incumbent services production area needs in off shift hours.
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
• Knowledge of various Logistics operation and Warehouse management systems
• Basic knowledge - 6 Sigma green belt
• CPS Functional Job Role Qualified
• University degree, preferably in Supply Chain and/or Logistics Management
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Minimum of three year of job experience in Logistics/Warehousing
• Excellent interpersonal, Teamwork, Organisational and communication skills.
• Thorough understanding of company policies and procedures
• Strong people management qualities.
• Proficient in English
• Experience in Supply Chain / Logistics or Warehousing
• Material distribution experience
• Knowledge of material handling equipment
The Caterpillar Code of Conduct states that we will select and place employees based on their qualifications for the job to be performed, without regard to race, religion, national origin, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age or disability. In this company we do not request pregnancy tests, nor HIV tests as requirements for employment entry, permanence or promotion.
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .