Career Area:Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Do you have a passion for helping customers and supporting a sustainable solution? Since 1973, Cat Reman has helped bring the value at the core of every Cat product back to life. Customers look to us to provide a high-quality solution that is good for their business - and promotes sustainability. It's important to us to deliver. Our team is full of industry leaders. Together, following common values, we share a passion for delivering sustainability benefits that help the company contribute to a circular economy. It’s rewarding work, with an inspiring team, where every contribution matters.
Our Caterpillar Remanufacturing Division currently has an opening for a Machining II position located in the Corinth, MS facility . This position will have increased quality checks and decision points with operators being required to select correct programming and follow basic tool setting procedures.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work in a fast-paced, safety and quality focused environment
- Operator should have attention to detail and be self-motivated
- Operator will work in a team environment
- May require use of gages, tools, overhead hoists, and other tooling (such as vibratory, cordless and hand tools) as defined by standard work
- Machining 2 positions will also include some wire arc spray operations
- Quality checks may be required per standard work
- Will require the loading and unloading of parts/machines
- Candidate will be required to interpret blueprints
- Candidate is expected to understand torque requirements and processes
- May require utilizing heavy equipment, reach trucks, sit-down forklifts, overhead cranes, and/or electric pallet jack to move parts in and out of area
- May require operation of CNC controls/programs
- May require operating automated packaging equipment
- May require checking incoming material and entering data
- Cross training in other positions within salary grade 2 may be required, based upon basic qualifications and physical requirements being met. Examples of positions within salary grade 2 include: Machining 1, Disassembly 1, Cleaning 1, 2, Assembly 1, 2, and Logistics 1
- Utilize various computer systems including email on a regular basis
- Candidate will work in an environment without close supervision
- Basic computer experience (ability to read standard work documents and enter data)
- Required to read/write and interpret documents
- Experience with basic tooling (hand tools, air tools, pneumatic tools, etc.)
- Knowledge of engines and components
Top Candidates will also have:
- Previous machining experience
- Previous experience reading and interpreting blueprints
- Previous forklift experience
- Previous experiences with gages
- Prior use of hoists
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Job may be physically demanding at times and must be able to handle high volume fast pace operation.
- Some positions will require forklift operation/training
- May work in an environment with frequently changing temperatures
- May walk, squat and bend for intervals of 15-30 minutes
- Must be able to wear proper PPE.
- May require respirator physical and training
- May be required to lift/push/pull heavy parts up to 30 lbs. multiple times per shift.
- Must be able to stand for up to 10+ hours per shift.
- Must have a flexible schedule
Job Bid Eligibility Requirements:
- Any current agency workers applying to this position must have worked the required 60 days to be considered as well as meeting all requirements for the position.
Compensation & Benefits Offered!
Starting hourly pay rate of $15.39 (pay negotiations based on skills/experience)
This position is 2nd shift with an additional $.60 night shift premium
Work Hours: 2PM - 10PM; Monday - Friday
Up to $2,000 sign on bonus. Bonus amount will vary based on skills/experience. Incumbent will receive first pay out after 60 days of employment and second payout after 180 days of employment.
*The payout of sign on bonus will be based on acceptable performance and attendance*
40-hour work weeks with potential for overtime
80 hours of vacation with an additional 24 hours of paid Personal Time Off (PTO)
10 Paid holidays
Climate controlled work environment – most areas
100% 401k match up to 6% offered on day 1 of employment
Health, dental, vision, & life insurance offered on day 1 of employment
Quarterly bonus program
Potential annual performance increase
Clean/safe work environment
Paid holiday shut down at the end of the year (dependent upon business needs)
All eligible candidates MUST pass the following pre-employment screenings before they can be hired to any Caterpillar position:
- Background Screening
- Drug Screening
- Post-Offer Medical Questionnaire - clearance from Corporate Medical
Check out our Caterpillar Remanufacturing facility by clicking the link below:
Please ensure you frequently sign into your candidate home for any updates or correspondence for positions that you have applied for. https://cat.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/CaterpillarCareers .
Keep a frequent check on emails as correspondence will be sent to the email that you used to apply with.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
Relocation assistance is not offered for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .