On CAT Digital’s “Helios” IOT platform, which heavily leverages the AWS cloud platform, you’ll work with Amazon’s AI and ML services to deploy, optimize, and monitor predictive models that keeps Caterpillar equipment running efficiently. This position will have you working closely with data scientists and data architects to operationalize the models they deliver. You will design, implement, test, document, and support cross-cutting services to help customers do machine learning at scale. You will serve as a key technical resource in the full development cycle, from conception to delivery and maintenance. You will own delivery of entire piece of the system and serve as technical lead on complex projects using best practice engineering standards.
JOB DUTIES: As a Lead Software Engineer you will lead the design, development, testing and deployment of software systems and/or applications. Be responsible for overseeing and mentoring junior developers and handle code reviews.
- Competent to perform all programming, project management, and development assignments without close supervision; normally assigned the more complex aspects of systems work.
- Acts as team leader for development and support groups; provides programming and application/technical leadership, guidance, and assistance to other team members.
- Works directly on complex application/technical problem identification and resolution, including responding to off-shift and weekend support calls.
- Works independently on complex systems or infrastructure components that may be used by one or more applications or systems.
- Drives application development focused around delivering business valuable features
- Mentor and assist software engineers, providing technical assistance and direction as needed
- Maintains high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits
- Identifies and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team
- Guide the team to develop a structured application/interface code, new program documentation, operations documentation and user guides in a casual, flexible environment
- Communicate with end users and internal customers to help direct development, debugging, and testing of application software for accuracy, integrity, interoperability, and completeness
- Lead development of new functionality and applications on cross-functional Agile project teams
- Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results.
- Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
- Position requires a four-year degree in Computer science or Electrical engineering from an accredited college or university.
- 7 years or more of software development experience
- 5 years or more of hands-on experience with enterprise software delivery leveraging AWS technologies or similar cloud environments
- 5 years or more of demonstrated experience leading software engineering projects.
- 5 years or more of experience in designing and developing software applications in Python and Java
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures.
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Experience building cloud-based predictive analytics software systems using AWS .
- Hands on experience with Amazon’s AI and ML Services, particularly Snowflake.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Deep hands-on technical expertise in: large scale systems engineering; building and operating complex distributed systems; experience with message brokers, restful APIs and Linux or Unix platforms.
- Experience with Machine Learning, data mining, and/or statistical analysis tools such as Panda, R and MATLAB is a plus.
- Experience with full predictive analytics modeling lifecycle – build, train, deploy, monitor, optimize – at scale.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering.
work from home hybrid -Visa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .