Career Area:Human Resources
Who is Caterpillar?
Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. Services offered throughout the product life cycle, cutting-edge technology and decades of product expertise set Caterpillar apart, providing exceptional value to help our customers succeed.
What do we do?
At the Hosur facility we are responsible for the manufacturing of industrial engines for both the Cat and Perkins. Together we create sustainable, world-changing solutions that impact lives around the globe.
What experiences can we offer you?
At Caterpillar, we believe each person is unique and valued, and are committed to ensuring that our workplace is diverse and representative of the many customers we serve around the globe. Different perspectives help us achieve our best work and come together to form a high-performing Caterpillar team that makes positive changes in the communities where we live and work. That’s the Power of Everyone.
As an HR Manager at Caterpillar, you can develop and influence the people element of the organization's overall strategy to enable business success. You will work with all levels of leadership and be involved in the coordination, development and execution of strategic HR initiatives and projects across several functional groups. This role will be an integral part of the senior leadership team that primarily are based in Hosur, you will report through to a Global HR Manager based in the US.
The main job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Building and maintaining trusting relationships with sound business acumen to identify and drive high value people initiatives.
- Provide direction and guidance to all levels of employees on HR policies and procedures, ensuring consistency.
- Actively participate as a functional manager on business team ensuring human resources is an integral part of the business strategy.
- Provide direction to Facility Management in interpretation and application of employee-related policies, practices and procedures, as well as international laws if applicable, governmental regulations, and internal investigations to enhance consistency and maintain and improve the work environment of the facility.
- Provide employment and personnel services including hiring new employees, administering benefits, providing appropriate training, and ensuring a safe work environment.
- Provide directives considering impact upon the company (financial), employee engagement, and consideration for the future (new practices, policies, and procedures).
- Formulate and/or implement policies, practices and procedures related to employment practices, appropriate training, benefits, and safety.
- Ability to confront complex issues or problems, which require careful analysis and diagnosis
- Sets priorities and establishes a work plan for the local HR team in order to complete broadly defined assignments and achieve desired results.
- Maintain relationships and lead the negotiations for all labour related activities.
- Build collaborative relationships with various business partners including Labour Relations, Talent Acquisition and Total Rewards.
- Supporting talent management (including workforce planning, intentional development, succession planning and performance management) to ensure the business has a sustainable and focused strategy to attract, develop and retain best talent.
- Liaising closely with HR shared services to ensure the delivery of high-quality HR services
- Working with traditional and innovative approaches to HR while keeping up to date with the latest trends and thinking.
Candidates will have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
- HR qualification at degree level or have equivalent relevant experience at a similar level.
- Previous experience in managing union and labor agreements.
- Experience analyzing information and data to provide solutions to customer’s problems
- Experience demonstrating the successful development and implementation of a range of strategic HR initiatives.
- Previous experience of providing guidance and direction at leadership level on HR legislation and trends.
- Experience of building collaborative relationships.
- Evidence showing ability to work with traditional and non-traditional/innovative approaches to HR.
- Be able to influence senior leadership and confidently facilitate/present.
Candidates may have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
- Experience of labor relations.
- The ability to lead projects and project teams.
- Experience within a similar organization would be beneficial.
- Geographic scope
- Union/Works Council complexity
- Number of employees supported
- Functional diversity (i.e. EHS, Security, etc.)
- Recruiting complexity
- Payroll diversity (hourly, production, salaried, management)
- End to End business environment
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .