Career Area:Information Technology
Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best-in-class solutions, or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators, and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes, and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce, Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
The Information Technology team is all about developing the next generation of IT professionals. You will have access to our technology leaders and be exposed to different aspects of Caterpillar’s business. You will gain foundational knowledge of the manufacturing industry, as well as of key technology trends.
We have excellent opportunities for college hires within our Information Technology team.
Caterpillar is currently seeking a Cloud Engineer to join the Enterprise Cloud Adoption (eCAT) team. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking team, apply now.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to :
- Provide technical support and problem identification and resolution with minimal off-shift support
- Design, migrate, build, and manages PaaS or IaaS Cloud solutions
- Deploy or integrate cloud technologies based on requirements gathered from customers
- Support Solutions running in the Cloud
- Work with senior engineers and architects on globally distributed cloud technology components that may be used by one or more applications or systems
- Performing implementation and integration tasks for small to medium, in-house developed systems and/or purchased software solutions
- Performing development, automation, and deployment assignments
- Aiding customers with documentation, training, and usability efforts
- Currently attending a 4-year accredited university/college or have completed a minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Management Information Systems, or other IT degree-related program or sequence
- Minimum cumulative GPA requirement 2.8 (no rounding)
- Graduation date in 2022 or graduating in 2023
Top Candidates will also have
- Proficiency in any of the computer software applications or programming languages or technologies (PowerShell, VBS, Python, Java, NodeJS, JSON or YAML)
- Certification in AZURE, AWS or GCP
- Experience using the Agile methodology
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines, specifically Azure DevOps (Microsoft VSTS)
- Experience developing automated solutions to deploy infrastructure or applications
- Experience with infrastructure or applications development, with special emphasis in areas of networking, application services, security, and distributed
- Experience developing or implementing architectural designs, processes, and procedures
- Strong ability to troubleshoot infrastructure and/or application connectivity issues across a complex global network and make system changes as needed
- Previous internship in Information Technology
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Strong communication, teamwork, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and manage time as well as being a collaborative team member
- Able to manage own duties including setting priorities
At Caterpillar, a brand recognized the world over, your office could be closer than you ever realized. Caterpillar’s highly flexible work environment fosters a culture to inspire unconventional ideas to accomplish remarkable results. With life demands ever-changing, Caterpillar provides employees the autonomy to choose their work location based on their daily commitments and how/where they work most efficiently and effectively. It’s time to start building what matters most, your career!
Work locations: East Peoria, Illinois, Dallas, Texas, and Nashville, Tennessee
Employee benefit details
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world. Here you earn more than just an hourly wage because we value your performance, we offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of a yearly bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
Caterpillar couldn’t be the company it is today without the men and women who shape it by producing their best work. Because employees power the success of Caterpillar, the company is committed to empowering the success of the employees. When employees win, so does Caterpillar.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/CareersRelocation is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .