Career Area:Human Resources
Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that, because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Global Divisional Organization and Talent Development Manager (O&TD) to join our talented team helping to design and lead Building Construction Products (BCP) global talent and organizational development strategy. You will join a team committed to lead the Division’s highest priorities while staying closely connected to the broader Segment level initiatives.
The Global Divisional Organization and Talent Development Manager is a key member of our Construction Industries Talent team. This critical role is responsible for supporting the Division and larger Segment strategic goals alongside other O&TD leaders who are experts in areas across the employee talent lifecycle.
The Global Divisional O&TD Manager will be involved in a variety of activities including, but not limited to the following:
- Drive the succession planning strategies and processes for BCP’s key positions; assess, design, and implement internal programs to grow leadership talent and improve the organization’s succession and bench strength.
- The candidate will be skilled in building talent pipelines and implementing design solutions to address significant gaps.
- The incumbent will have the ability to find, extract and analyze data from Workday to solve and support a variety of business problems/people initiatives, as well as provide key people insights to the Divisional Leadership Team.
- Typical data analysis includes calculating, and understanding diversity metrics, turnover/attrition data, hiring information, promotions, succession planning metrics, etc.
- The incumbent must demonstrate intellectual curiosity and leverage data/metrics to understand and solve people initiatives.
- In addition to supporting key initiatives in Construction Industries, they will also partner with Divisional Leadership to own key initiatives & deliverables such as: coordinating talent reviews to ensure a healthy pipeline, managing the division mentoring program, benchmarking of talent best practices internally and externally, partnering with other divisions to ensure cross divisional talent opportunities and leading employee and leadership development & learning.
- Bachelors level degree preferred OR Post-secondary education
- 8+ years of progressive human resource experiences across HR business partner and talent roles
- Data analytical skills
- A proven track record of creating vison/strategy and translating into operational execution in Human Resources/Talent roles.
- Demonstrated skills and proficiency in the following areas: Ability to collaborate across matrix organization, ability to influence effectively at multiple levels of an organization, strong teamwork and proven skills communicating effectively.
Top Candidates will also have
- HR certifications (ex. SHRM)
- Experience with Workday HCM
- General understanding of industry products, experience working with business partners and employees in a manufacturing as well as professional environment.
- Awareness and expertise in a variety of human resources areas.
- Interpersonal, leadership and communication skills at all levels in the organization.
- Systems thinker, where understand all the connections and integration points through the entire talent management lifecycle.
- Project and process management skills.
- Able to analyze data quickly and thoroughly and provide sound business recommendations based on data.
- Financial/business acumen
- The location of this position is Cary, NC
- Relocation assistance is available for this position
Employee benefit details
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides benefits on day one (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of an annual bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers .
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-media
#LIRelocation is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .