Career Area:Information Technology
Seeking team leader for Indirect Procurement systems. This position will become a subject matter expert in Caterpillar Indirect Procurement and related systems. The position provides technical and business process direction to contracted support teams and helps develop technical fixes to problems that arise. You must be adept at getting to the bottom of complex technical issues, both by gaining a deep understanding of the system and working with a network of individuals with expertise in connected systems.
The successful candidate will gain experience with Coupa configurations and integrations sending/receiving data to/from connected systems (SAP, mainframe, etc.). You will deliver solutions using backend configurations, working with software vendors on taking key updates, suggesting changes to middleware integration logic, and much more. You should be able to quickly determine both temporary and long-term fixes for all system issues and be comfortable working in a fast-paced work environment. The position will also oversee support for the Crib Master vending machine solutions that provides PPE and other materials needed within our facilities for daily operation.
The role is key in keeping financially significant systems at CAT functioning properly and continually improving the reliability of systems that process over $1B in spend each year. You will gain enterprise level exposure to key initiatives that drive our ability to purchase and pay for materials/services from thousands of suppliers. It will be an opportunity to take on a leadership role with the contracted support teams and design processes that allow them to respond to issues in a timely and appropriate way.
The successful candidate will be highly driven, will be able to come to creative solutions to difficult problems, and will be a total team player on a challenging team with a lot of responsibility.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Analytics, Mathematics, Engineering, or related field
* 3+ years of professional IT experience
* Excellent technical and analytical skills
* Excellent planning and organizational skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Ability and desire to learn quickly
* 3+ years of experience configuring SaaS or Out-of-the-box software.
* Exposure to cXML development, API design/development, and integrations using CSV files or an equivalent.
* Experience with on-premises infrastructure (server, database, networking) management
* ERP knowledge would be helpful (i.e. SAP, QAD, MAMM)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .