Career Area:Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Are you ready to build what matters? Build More Than Machines. Build a Career.
Caterpillar is looking for candidates that want to build a career. You have a lot to offer, so we offer a commitment in return to you as a professional – and as a person. We offer competitive wages, quarterly bonus, comprehensive benefits that begins on Day ONE and paid training.
At Caterpillar we value commitment, and we reward you with an opportunity to earn a 5% attendance premium each day you are on time.
What this looks like (starts after 90 days):
- 1st shift: $18.66/hour up to $19.59/hour with attendance premium applied
On your 1st day you will receive 40 hours of Paid Time Off and will earn an additional 60 hours of Paid Time Off during your 1st year!
We don’t lead our industry - our people do. Watch our video to see our team build top-of-the-line excavators and tractors.
As a Product Assembler 2 at Caterpillar, you will:
- Assemble/test parts, components, or systems for BCP machines according to the specified work orders and other duties as assigned.
- Keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Rotate to various positions within the Job Function area to perform related activities.
- Use various tools provided in the work area to perform assembly duties and may include the use of lifting devices to move heavy components of weights of more than 35 lbs.
- Follow documented procedures standard work, routings, and blueprints to perform safe and defect free assembly and/or adjustment of components and prime product.
- Follow and utilizes CPS principles of 5S, Continuous Improvement Idea reporting, Waste Elimination, and Standard Work
- Assembly, mechanical or electronic aptitude with a working knowledge of advanced assembly practices.
- Ability to use various tools (powered torque tools, click wrenches, hoists/lifting tackles, etc.) provided in the work area to perform assembly duties.
- Effective communications skills.
- Excellent Attendance Record.
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods.
- Ability to perform repetitive operations.
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
Top Candidates will also have or be able to:
- Ability to Follow Standard Work
- Interpret, follow, and teach documented procedures standard work, routings, and blueprints to perform safe and defect free assembly and adjustment of components and prime product.
- Perform other related work duties as assigned.
- Rely on independent decision making and problem solving to complete job tasks.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work.
- Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
- This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .