Career Area:Environmental Health and Safety
Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
We’re looking for a self-motivated and collaborative Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Manager to lead our CAT branded product chemical compliance department within Caterpillar’s Corporate EHS team. In this role, your primary purpose is to ensure the compliant worldwide distribution of CAT branded hazardous materials such as paints, coolants, and batteries. You’ll work closely with a global network of internal customers and external stakeholders including product groups, dealers, customers, suppliers, and customs, and lead a global team of EHS professionals. Representative Activities:
• Partners with an extensive global network of product managers, dealers, customers, and suppliers to ensure regulatory chemical compliance for CAT branded hazardous materials across the world
• Regularly provides feedback to these groups to develop solutions together and manage risk
• Directly impacts key Enterprise strategies for Services Growth and our expanding alternative power solutions; regularly works on new and emerging product introductions with groups throughout the company • Maintains relationships with regulatory and government agency personnel
• Supervises a global team of EHS professionals
• A technical degree and 8-10 years of previous EHS, chemical, or regulatory experience is highly desired; consideration will be given to equivalent experience • A strong understanding of EHS chemical regulations is essential • Excellent project management, formal/informal leadership, and communication skills are necessary
Top Candidate Will Also Have:
• Ability to collaborate to build strong relationships with a broad set of stakeholders • Ability to positively influence partners outside of direct reporting relationships
• Experience collaborating internationally or with different cultures • Experience supervising EHS staff or support personnel
• Location: Peoria, IL
• Domestic relocation is available for those who qualify
• 5-10% travel is expected
Employee benefit details:
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary, because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits [medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401(k)] along with the potential of an annual bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .