Career Area:Manufacturing & Supply Chain
What matters most to you? Is it being part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe, and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters!
About SPM Oil and Gas
SPM Oil and Gas provides superior products and service solutions to Oil & Gas customers in upstream, production, transportation, refining and related industries. The team works hard to create lifelong customer relationships, supplying comprehensive product & service solutions for the Oil & Gas industry and setting the standard for excellence in the segment.
SPM Oil & Gas currently has opening for Frac Field Technician located in Grande Prairie, Alberta. The Field Technician installs, operates, services and repairs valve equipment in the frac tree and manifold on single or multi well pads. The Field Technician is a skilled, experienced technician with the ability to perform most tasks independently, while seeking guidance or training for more critical tasks. Training is available for the right candidate that is mechanically inclined and willing to learn.
- Prepare JSA (Job Safety Analysis) and POWRA (Point of Work Risk Assessment) on job site and perform all duties in a safe manner and in accordance with SPM Oil and Gas SHE policies
- Safely install, remove, and service frac tree and manifold equipment on a well site
- Assist with repair and assembly of frac valves and components in shop
- Provide superior customer service to all internal and external customers
- Provides technical expertise and direction to completion crews and well site supervisors, as well as third party providers when needed
- Maintain SPM Oil and Gas company supplied assets and any other equipment, including site specific equipment, as it relates to company policy
- Prepare accurate field service orders in an organized, legible manner, in addition to any other documentation necessary
- Promote and represent SPM Oil and Gas in field service and sales
- Pre-check all equipment and processes prior to starting the job to ensure all equipment is operable and complete
- Adhere to and exercise Stop Work Authority and Management of Change
- Must have the ability to perform independently or in a team setting
- Accepts responsibility to assist other branches as required
- Some lifting up to 50 lbs
- PPE is required and must be worn
- Training will be available to place the right candidate in this role
Required Background / Skills:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ideally you will have knowledge of:
- Gate valves, both manual and hydraulic
- Hydraulic torque wrenches / torquing
- Frac watch, greasing & maintenance
- API 6A
- Trunkline/zipper manifold/OSL
Fluency in English (read, write, comprehend)
Ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions and deal with problems
Must have mechanical aptitude
Clean drivers abstract and a minimum class 5 license.
Flexibility to handle 24-hour call to respond to customer needs which includes overnight in hotel/ camp as required.
Shop hours may be required
Field tickets would be considered an asset
Conflict solving skills, including managing difficult customer situations.
Observe safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines.
Employee benefit details
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides benefits on day one (medical, dental, vision, RX, and Pension). Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of Canada which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-media
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .