Career Area:Manufacturing & Supply Chain
What matters most to you? Is it being part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe, and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters!
About SPM Oil and Gas
SPM Oil and Gas provides superior products and service solutions to Oil & Gas customers in upstream, production, transportation, refining and related industries. The team works hard to create lifelong customer relationships, supplying comprehensive product & service solutions for the Oil & Gas industry and setting the standard for excellence in the segment.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Shop Technician to work on our Rod Guide equipment. Although previous injection molding process experience is preferred, this opportunity is available for the right candidate that is willing to learn.
J ob Description and duties
· Set up and operate the injection molding machine
· Identify sucker rod grades, mold, guide style and material being used as per the work order
· Ensure good quality of the rod guides by cleaning the flashing and painting the specific part of the sucker rods with inhibitor
· Maintain accurate records related to the activity of the shift
· Assists co-workers in resolving technical problems
· Confers with technical personnel and managers/supervisors to report and resolve assembly and testing problems, and reports unresolved problems
· Feed resin to the injection molding machines, weigh and record the usage in the material usage form
· Inspect production and eliminate defective parts
· Clean and maintain the machine and surrounding areas at the end of the shift
· Perform routine maintenance of the equipment to maintain perfect functioning
· Respect the safety procedures and ensure proper use of PPE
· Performs other routine duties
Skills And Abilities
- Oral communication
- Working with others
- Problem solving
- Job task planning and organizing
- Transport raw materials, finished products and equipment
- Sort, pack, crate and package materials and products
- Perform other labouring and elemental activities
- Clean Work Areas And Equipment
- Check And Weigh Materials And Products
- Assist machine operators, assemblers and other workers
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Standing for extended periods
Security and Safety
- Criminal record check (abstract)
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Employee benefit details
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits along with the potential of an annual bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid time off plans (Vacation, Personal Days, Volunteer, Etc.)
- Pension Plan
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of Canada which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-media
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .