Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
To independently perform accounting functions which require preparation, analysis and communication of issues of normal to high complexity that support Caterpillar business processes.
Job duties include but are not limited to the following:
Incumbent will provide technical expertise and perform complex accounting work that supports business processes. Additionally, this position will:
- have a comprehensive understanding of Caterpillar’s business and accounting practices, systems and procedures
- apply and provide guidance on accounting issues
- resolve issues independently
- participate on and lead teams addressing complex problems
Incumbents will be exposed to a variety of accounting functions and will accomplish a high level of complex and/or technical analysis, analyze various outputs, advise others (both accountants and non-accountants), resolve issues and communicate these outcomes. In some cases, will participate in strategy development. Works on challenging, medium to high risk issues and makes decisions and recommendations as appropriate.
Possible areas of responsibility are varied, including:
- internal management accounting, including profit center, service center, distribution services, strategic business, integrated manufacturing, and component business unit reporting
- coordination of purchased services, transfer prices, and accountable target costs
- estimating various forecast and budget scenarios as needed based on changing business conditions
- financial accounting including consolidation, analysis and communication of division or multiple business units’ results / explanations
- presentation and explanation of results to management
- communication of results to corporate offices
- accounting user representative for financial systems
Accounting tasks are of high complexity such as business unit consolidations, system support and development. Advises and provides guidance to multiple functional areas and levels of authority. Incumbents will demonstrate knowledge and ability to handle accounting issues independently.
- 4-year degree in accounting/finance OR any 4-year degree with an accounting certification (CPA/CMA)
- 4+ years of accounting experience
Top Candidate Will Also Have:
- Must demonstrate initiative, leadership, good judgment and accountability
- Incumbents will demonstrate very good communication skills and have a comprehensive knowledge of businesses, products, suppliers and customers
- Domestic relocation is available for those who qualify
- This position would ideally be located in Peoria, IL ; however open to considering other Caterpillar facilities within the U.S. (candidates permanent address must be within 50-mile driving distance to a Caterpillar facility)
- For a full list of U.S. Caterpillar facilities please visit: https://www.caterpillar.com/en/company/global-footprint/americas/united-states.html
- Minimal travel is expected
Employee benefit details:
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary, because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits [medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401(k)] along with the potential of an annual bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers
#LIRelocation is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .