Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
To independently perform accounting functions which require preparation, analysis, and communication of issues of normal to high complexity that support Caterpillar business processes.
Job duties include but are not limited to the following:
Incumbent will provide technical and functional expertise to design the finance roles that supports business processes. Additionally, this position will:
- Have a comprehensive understanding of Caterpillar’s business and accounting practices, systems, and procedures
- Apply and provide guidance on accounting functions and issues
- Identify and resolve issues independently
- Participate and lead teams addressing complex problems
Incumbents will be exposed to a variety of accounting functions and will accomplish a high level of complex and/or technical analysis, analyze various outputs, advise others (both accountants and non-accountants), resolve issues, and communicate these outcomes. Will participate in strategy development. Works on challenging, medium to high-risk issues and makes decisions and recommendations as appropriate.
Possible areas of responsibility are varied, including:
- Financial accounting including preparation of journal entries, financial statements, variance analysis, and account reconciliations
- Inventory accounting and standard cost revision
- Intercompany reconciliation and analysis
- Development and maintenance of internal controls, including Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) control documentation
- Accounting user representative for financial systems
Possible areas of support include:
- Inventory Accounting & Plant Support
- Sales / Cost of Sales Accounting
- General Ledger / Legal Entity Reporting & Analysis
- Capital Assets Accounting
- Financial Systems
- SOX Compliance
Finance business functions of high complexity such as standard cost revision coordination, inventory analysis, variable margin analysis, system support and development, consolidations, balance sheet analysis, and cash flow projections. Advises and provides guidance to multiple functional areas and levels of authority. Incumbents will demonstrate knowledge and ability to handle accounting issues independently.
- Requires a 4-year degree, preferably in accounting
- 4+ years of accounting/finance functional experience
- Strong experience in Technology and Accounting/Finance functions in the areas of Invoice Receipt, Validation of Invoices, Certification & Authorization of Invoices and Accounting & payment of invoice
Top Candidate Will Also Have:
- Must demonstrate initiative, leadership, good judgment, and accountability
- Incumbents will demonstrate very good communication skills and have a comprehensive knowledge of Systems and Finance Business Functions
- Location: Peoria, IL
- Domestic relocation is available for those who qualify
Employee benefit details:
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary, because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits [medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401(k)] along with the potential of an annual bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers
#LIRelocation is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .