Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
To independently perform staff level accounting functions and analysis to support business processes and decisions. From the outset, the Accounting Analyst ( internally known as Staff Accountant I ) will be expected to be a contributing team member, performing accounting work that supports business processes across a broad range of stakeholders.
Job duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop an expanded understanding of Caterpillar’s business and accounting practices, systems and procedures
- Demonstrate accounting knowledge and apply knowledge to real business situations
- Develop strong working relationships with other teams within Caterpillar and coordinate teams to achieve desired process results
The Accounting Analyst will be exposed to a broad range of analysis and will be a critical partner in communicating business results to senior leadership. They will demonstrate competency working with large data sets and excel at distilling complex situations into actionable takeaways. The Staff Accountant I will also demonstrate the ability to coordinate members of other Caterpillar teams to investigate product cost changes.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Material cost analysis
- Cost system maintenance and requests
- Normals and machine rate development
- Abnormals identification and reporting
- Prime product and/or component cost monitoring and analysis
- Standard cost setting and analysis
- Standard and current cost grief resolution
- Current product cost monitoring
- Establishing and monitoring cost targets
The Accounting Analyst will also demonstrate good business judgment, ability to solve problems independently, and will possess excellent communication skills.
- 4-year degree in accounting OR any 4-year degree with an accounting certification (CPA/CMA)
- 1+ years of accounting experience
Top Candidate Will Also Have:
- Must demonstrate strong leadership, initiative, interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively
- Location: Seguin, TX
- Domestic relocation is available for those who qualify
Employee benefit details:
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary, because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits [medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401(k)] along with the potential of an annual bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers
#LIRelocation is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .