Career Area:Environmental Health and Safety
Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that, because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
JOB PURPOSE :
- This position will be located at the Caterpillar Mapleton Foundry. Reporting to this position are hourly EHS support personnel.
- Coach and facilitate the development of your work team
- Assist with managing an Illinois Part 817 Foundry Waste Landfill
- Help maintain RCRA hazardous waste compliance
- Assist with SDWA compliance as a non-transient/non-community water system
- Managing day to day general refuse and recycling programs, establish facility goals, and identify opportunities for process improvements
- Assist with NPDES permit compliance
- Assist with Tier II and TRI reporting
- A technical degree or 2+ years of previous environmental compliance experience
- Excellent human relations and communications skills are necessary
- Ability to multi-task
Top Candidates May Have:
- A technical degree and 1+ years of previous RCRA experience.
- Previous experience managing others
- This position will close on 03/30/2023 at 11:59 p.m.
- This position is located in Mapleton, IL
- Domestic Relocation is available for this position.
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Employee benefit details
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides benefits on day one (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of an annual bonus. Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers .Relocation is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .