Career Area:Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Ideas matter. Make yours come true here.
Caterpillar engineers conceptualize ideas that become actual products in our factories and enable progress around the world. We hire engineers from all disciplines, and we are especially looking for people who are:
- Intelligent and good problem solvers;
- Good communicators capable of articulating complex ideas;
- Proactive with a willingness to get involved and take initiative;
- Innovators with a passion for new ideas and continuous improvement.
This position is responsible for the implementation of major systems and the coordination of those systems with the total plant.
- Provides direction and guidance to other manufacturing personnel in a continuous effort to improve manufacturing productivity
- Works with suppliers (both internal and external) in the development of projects, which ensure the most efficient and cost-effective systems or operations to produce quality products
- Analyze with suppliers their current or proposed product/process designs to determine feasibility of using existing designs or modifying the designs to improve process and/or product.
- Ensures Engineering, Purchasing and shop personnel both at Caterpillar and suppliers are involved in the approval process so that sound decisions are made which improve manufacturing processes, quality and/or reduce costs
- Prepares feasibility studies for new applications.
- Provides leadership in the implementation of integrated technologies within the factory.
- Develops individual presentations on all integration projects and prepares and establishes priorities for cost effectiveness.
- Performs liaison duties with various functional areas to promote smooth transition of new and revised corporate and plant systems and operations.
- Requires considerable experience in the various manufacturing disciplines (melting, molding, core making, welding, heat treat, manufacturing technology) gained through previous staff and/ or supervisory assignments
- English Advanced
- Equivalent experience (10-15 years)
- MS Project, deseable certificado PMI.
- Requires analytical ability as well as excellent oral and written communications skills and thorough knowledge concerning the capabilities of both domestic and foreign suppliers
- Project Administration (3), with a budget of $0.25M - 1M USD
- Project Administration (5), with budget of $ 1 – 5 M USD
All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
The Caterpillar Code of Conduct states that we will select and place employees based on their qualifications for the job to be performed, without regard to race, religion, national origin, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age or disability. In this company we do not request pregnancy tests, nor HIV tests as requirements for employment entry, permanence or promotion.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .