Career Area:Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Do you have a passion for helping customers and supporting a sustainable solution? Since 1973, Cat Reman has helped bring the value at the core of every Cat product back to life. Customers look to us to provide a high-quality solution that is good for their business - and promotes sustainability. It's important to us to deliver. Our team is full of industry leaders. Together, following common values, we share a passion for delivering sustainability benefits that help the company contribute to a circular economy. It’s rewarding work, with an inspiring team, where every contribution matters.
Our Caterpillar Remanufacturing Division currently has an opening for a Disassembly II position located in the Corinth, MS facility . In this position, you will work across multiple disassembly stations/departments and train others in areas which may include but are not limited to the following:
- Disassembly of engines and/or components
- Salvage & Repair operation of engine components
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work in a fast-paced, safety and quality focused environment to disassemble and/or salvage engine components
- Salvage processes will include basic welding, use of acetylene torches and manual and/or radial drills
- Use of hand tools, power tools and hoists are required
- Cross training in other positions up to and including Salary Grade 2 may be required based upon basic qualifications and physical requirements being met. Those positions could include: Disassembly 1, Cleaning 1, 2, Assembly 1, 2, Machining 1, 2, and Logistics 1
- Reference other position postings for specific qualifications and physical requirements.
- Utilize various computer systems including email on a regular basis
- All operators will adhere to Built-in-Safety guidelines
- Operator should have attention to detail and be self-motivated
- Operator will work in a team environment
- Candidate will work in an environment without close supervision
- Basic computer experience (ability to read standard work documents and enter data)
- Required to read/write and interpret documents.
- Knowledge of engines and components
- Experience with basic tooling (hand tools, air tools, pneumatic tools, etc.)
Top Candidates will also have:
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel
- Prior use of hoists.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Print reading experience
- Prior disassembly experience
- Job may be physically demanding at times and must be able to handle high volume fast-paced operation.
- May work in an environment with frequently changing temperatures
- May walk, squat and bend for intervals of 15-30 minutes
- Must be able to wear proper PPE.
- May be required to lift/push/pull heavy parts up to 30 lbs. multiple times per shift.
- Must be able to stand for up to 10+ hours per shift.
Job Bid Eligibility Requirements:
- Any current agency workers applying to this position must have worked the required 60 days to be considered as well as meeting all requirements for the position.
Compensation & Benefits Offered!
Starting hourly pay rate of $16.62 (pay negotiations based on skills/experience)
This position is 3rd shift with an additional $.60 night shift premium
Work Hours: 10PM - 6AM; Sunday - Thursday
Up to $2,000 sign on bonus. Bonus amount will vary based on skills/experience. Incumbent will receive first pay out after 60 days of employment and second payout after 180 days of employment.
*The payout of sign on bonus will be based on acceptable performance and attendance*
40-hour work weeks with potential for overtime
80 hours of vacation with an additional 24 hours of paid Personal Time Off (PTO)
10 Paid holidays
Climate controlled work environment – most areas
100% 401k match up to 6% offered on day 1 of employment
Health, dental, vision, & life insurance offered on day 1 of employment
Quarterly bonus program
Potential annual performance increase
Clean/safe work environment
Paid holiday shut down at the end of the year (dependent upon business needs)
All eligible candidates MUST pass the following pre-employment screenings before they can be hired to any Caterpillar position:
- Background Screening
- Drug Screening
- Post-Offer Medical Questionnaire - clearance from Corporate Medical
Check out our Caterpillar Remanufacturing facility by clicking the link below:
Please ensure you frequently sign into your candidate home for any updates or correspondence for positions that you have applied for. https://cat.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/CaterpillarCareers .
Keep a frequent check on emails as correspondence will be sent to the email that you used to apply with.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
Relocation assistance is not offered for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .