Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
To develop Sales to Users, Commercial Shipment, Industry, and Dealer Inventory forecasts for Construction Industries Worldwide. To track and analyze drivers of these forecasts as well as risks.
Job duties include but are not limited to the following:
Position typically reports to Machine Forecasting Supervisor who has responsibility for worldwide Excavation and Earthmoving division machine forecasts.
- Responsible for using sophisticated statistical and economic tools to develop forecasts for Construction Industries machines. These forecasts include Sales to Users, Dealer Inventory, Commercial Shipments, Industry, and PINS. Prepare reports and present findings to Senior Managers and be able to represent the Machine Forecasting Supervisor in meetings if required.
- Follow economic developments in Infrastructure, Heavy Construction, and other areas relevant to Construction Industries. Independently prepare forecasts for Monthly Sales & Operation Planning, Long Term Forecast, and Annual Business Planning. Prepare ad hoc forecast analysis as requested. Draft reports and ensure distribution through Teams, email, or oral reports.
- Track Sales to User, Shipment, and Order activity for assigned machines on an ongoing basis and develop assessments as to whether actual results are tracking with forecasts. Alert effected groups of significant divergences and determine if forecasts need to be changed.
- Develop or aid in the development of Sales to Users and Industry ranges for Construction Industries products including the identification of relevant economic, price, and company data.
- Develop and maintain moderately complex systems integrating company data into statistical methodologies.
- Master’s degree is required; Economic degree is preferred
Top Candidate Will Also Have:
- Be highly efficient in using company data systems
- Assume responsibility for specific tasks or projects
- Determine needed information and communicate results
- Location: Peoria, IL
- Domestic relocation is available for those who qualify
- 5% travel is expected
Employee benefit details:
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary, because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits [medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401(k)] along with the potential of an annual bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers
#LIRelocation is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .