Career Area:Human Resources
Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that, because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
To supervise and contribute to the development and administration of Total Rewards policies and procedures and be actively involved in the joint strategic leadership of Total Rewards issues one or several assigned districts, or a specific Total Rewards sub-function across a region.
Typical internal customers include the employees at all levels in a country. The position is challenged to quickly and correctly identify problems, which may not be obvious. May develop solutions to complex problems. The incumbent solves problems by determining the best course of action, within departmental guidelines, from many existing solutions. May modify existing approaches or develop new solutions. Sets priorities and establishes a work plan in order to complete broadly defined assignments and achieve desired results. Establishes quality standards consistent with overall quality goals. Impacts key quality goals including Customer Satisfaction, Continuous Improvement, Timeliness, Accuracy, Efficiency, Cost Savings, and Process Quality. Position serves as facilitator for the analysis and development of new quality initiatives in the measure(s) stated.
- Reporting directly to this position are Total Rewards Analysts and Senior Total Rewards Analysts.
- Work as a local expert to assist Regional Total Rewards Manager on developing a partnership approach, in supporting all facilities with pay and employee benefits policy development, process and administration within a specific country. A high priority is placed on process improvement through 6 Sigma, customer satisfaction and service metrics.
- Provide direction, focus, motivation and encouragement to subordinates. Is responsible for all personnel issues and performance evaluation of subordinates.
The position either leads a specific Total Rewards sub-function across a region or takes the responsibility for Total Rewards management for assigned districts. Being responsible for assigned districts, may cover the below areas:
- Manage all bonus administration from bonus plan creation to payout for assigned districts by close collaboration with bonus coordinators of assigned Business Units; provide advice and guidance on the application of bonus policy and plans to all offices/facilities, recommend country specific eligibility rule if any in a specific country under global bonus policies.
- Develop and maintain multiple compensation matrices tracking and analysis processes and reports, which includes but is not limited to employee headcounts, labor cost, attrition, attraction, new hire, termination, promotion, lateral move, special adjustment, utilization of attraction and retention tools, and provides relevant statistic and analysis reports by location/facility/Business Units on periodical basis.
Total Rewards Projects
- Independently work on and manage the implementation of Total Rewards projects either regional or local.
- Recommend integration plans for Total Rewards programs/systems.
- Facilitate the actual transition/integration in Total Rewards area.
Total Rewards Communication
- Under global and regional guidance, assume full ownership of all the Total Rewards related communication in assigned districts or sub-functions.
- Customize and develop Total Rewards related communication materials for local facilities.
- Provide Total Rewards education and training to local business and HR teams on regular and need basis
- Conducts leader as teacher trainings to all employees and supervisors in Total Rewards area.
- Manage all plan participant communication of different Total Rewards programs.
- University degree or certification that is equivalent
- 5 – 7 years of HR, business or accounting job experience
- Experience with Workday as a consultant, customer, or implementation partner
Top Candidates will also have
- Must be familiar with all facilities in a specific country, along having an excellent understanding of Caterpillar Corporate & local Compensation policies and practices.
- Must maintain confidentiality and have interpersonal skills to persuade, develop others both inside and outside of the department, and have analytical skills to interpret the impact of trends.
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple projects with minimal supervision and within multiple time constraints.
- This position would ideally be located in Peoria, IL; Dallas, TX; Nashville, TN; San Diego, CA; however open to considering other Caterpillar facilities within the U.S. (candidates permanent address must be within 50-mile driving distance to a Caterpillar facility)
- For a full list of U.S. Caterpillar facilities please visit: https://www.caterpillar.com/en/company/global-footprint/americas/united-states.html
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers .
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-media
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .