Global Finance Services Division is looking for a Director of Corporate Financial Reporting based in Irving, TX. In this role, you will lead the teams responsible for all aspects of the consolidated monthly financial closing process for Caterpillar Inc. You will be responsible for preparation of the monthly US GAAP financial statements as well as preparation of Caterpillar’s 10-Q and 10-K filings with the SEC. In addition, you will be responsible for managing the enterprise warranty and post-sale credit accrual process and supporting the worldwide Caterpillar accounting organization with complex transactions and issues that impact the consolidated financial statements. This position reports to Caterpillar’s Vice President and Chief Accounting Officer.
Job Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing all aspects of the monthly legal entity consolidated closing process and preparation of Caterpillar’s monthly consolidated financial statements
- Managing all aspects of the 10-Q and 10-K SEC filings
- Providing governance over Caterpillar’s intercompany invoicing process
- Working closely with Caterpillar’s external audit firm during the year-end audit
- Coordination with and providing guidance to Global Business Services (GBS)
- Supporting the Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis Team as they prepare the quarterly financial press release
- Working with Technical Accounting Managers to ensure new accounting guidance is properly reflected in Caterpillar’s financial statements and SEC filings
- Managing staff which includes evaluating staff performance, participating in employee selection, providing career guidance and complying with personnel practices
- Communicating effectively within the team and with internal and external customers and data providers, including presentations to all levels of management.
- Bachelor's and/or Master’s degree in Accounting or the equivalent
- 15+ years of experience in accounting roles with increasing levels of responsibility
- Significant experience in legal entity accounting for a large, multinational public company
- Experience in the Corporate Accounting function of a large, multinational public company
Top Candidates will also have:
- Professional Certification (Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA) or equivalent)
- Prior experience in Public Accounting
- Prior experience in Corporate Consolidations at a large, multinational public company
- Prior experience in SEC Reporting at a large, multinational public company
- Proven record of strong initiative, leadership, accountability, and effective communication skills
- A strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of the Caterpillar organization, its products, policies and procedures
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .