Big machines require big thinking. Are you looking for your next big challenge?
Cat® Digital is the digital and technology arm of Caterpillar Inc., leveraging the latest technologies to build industry leading digital solutions for our customers and dealers. With over one million connected assets worldwide, our teams use data, technology, advanced analytics, telematics and AI capabilities to help our customers build a better world.
Working with a Fortune 100 leader, you can build your career on a global scale and take advantage of development opportunities with emerging technologies. We’ve created an inclusive environment for you to explore your passions, make an impact and do the work that really matters. Join Us.
Join the Subscription and Billing Services Management team of Cat Digital as a Digital Business Analyst I. This role will have primary responsibility for leveraging business and technical expertise to understand digital initiatives, and work with business requestors and users to create, analyze and validate business requirements, translate them into detailed functional requirements, as well as define acceptance criteria and test cases. A Digital Business Analyst is also responsible for ensuring the value of features, defining dependencies, obtaining requirements sign-off from the appropriate parties and working closely with multiple Agile teams to enable delivery of requests on time and to requirement.
This role will have primary responsibility for creating, analyzing and validating business requirements, translating them into detailed functional requirements and user stories, and defining acceptance criteria and test cases. The incumbent will be responsible for creating user stories, defining dependencies, impacts and acceptance criteria, and obtaining requirements sign-off from requesting business partners.
- Documentation of needs and product vision
- Create user stories and communicate backlog priorities to the team
- Work closely with business and other key stockholders to gather and understand technical problems to identify solutions.
- Responsible for maximizing the value of the product and the work of the Development Team
- Responsible for participating in larger, more complex projects with high value to the organization
- Responsible for contributing to the creation, maintenance and prioritization of the Product Backlog according to business value for the life of the project
- Communicate Product Backlog priorities to the team
- Assists with the elaboration of epics, themes and features into user stories that are small enough, or granular enough, to be achieved in a single sprint
- Work closely with key stakeholders throughout the organization
- Represent the customer, interfacing and engaging with the customer
- Participate in Daily Scrum as needed
- Participate in Sprint Planning meetings, Reveals and Retrospectives
- Inspect the product progress at the end of every Sprint and accept or reject the work that has been done by the Development Team
- Act as the voice of the team, communicating status externally
- Be a good role model of Scrum values; understand the framework and the roles of each team member
- Be a champion for the agile community and help to further the community within the organization
Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
- Four-year Bachelor’s degree preferably in computer science, information systems, engineering or related field
- 1+ years managing technical requirements
- 1+ years of experience with the Agile methodology
- Demonstrated ability to communicate appropriately to ensure a team’s success
- Strong accountability planning/organization, and teamwork
- Highly developed interpersonal skills to deal with sensitive, emotional or potentially controversial situations.
Top Candidates will also have:
- Agile certifications
- Experience managing projects using Agile software tools such as Mingle, AzDo, JIRA, Team Services, Rally, Aha
- Experience working with onshore/offshore team model
- Demonstrated ability to empower teams
- Strong accountability, teamwork, and interpersonal skills, and communication skills
- Knowledge of SDLC and demonstrated experience employing SDLC in aspects of the project management process
- Background in Information Technology
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of Caterpillar policies, standards, procedures, and a broad understanding of Caterpillar’s organization
- Experience with IoT solutions, including experience with digital subscriptions, telematics device provisioning, subscription invoicing, as well as industry application solutions for customer fleet monitoring and productivity
This position has the option to be based out of either our Chicago, IL or Peoria, IL offices with flexibility for partial work from home.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants for this position that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .