Why Join Us?
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95 year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that, because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
This is a 2nd shift Product Assembler position in Sanford, NC starting at $20.86 plus 8% shift premium
Benefits on Day one!
- Medical, Dental and vision coverage
- Paid time off plan (Vacation, Holiday, Volunteer,)
- 401k Savings Plan
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Life Insurance
- Paid Parental leave
- Healthy Lifestyle Program
- Employee Assistance Programs
What else does coming to work for Caterpillar mean for you?
- Financial Rewards: 401(k) with a company match up to 6%, annual company contribution, and competitive, market based wages
- Pay for Performance: Quarterly bonus opportunities based on company performance
- Work/Life Balance: Fully paid vacation, maternity and paternity leave, and federal holidays
- Continuing Education: Tuition reimbursement availability
- Healthy Living: Industry leading health care benefits, company paid annual physicals, and fitness activities
- Lifelong Learning: Career progression through technical and non-technical skill building
- Cultural Enrichment: Opportunity to be part of a global team and diverse employee groups
- Giving Back: United Way matching opportunities and a paid day off to volunteer in your community
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
Operator will provide general feedback and assessments on machine and tool performance as competency is gained. Within 6-12 months the operator is expected to become skilled in a variety of applications and support testing both on and occasionally offsite. This requires the ability to understand machine behavior and be able to articulate this to coworkers and engineers. Therefore, the operator should have an eagerness to learn and advance their skill set. Machines will use different tools such as standard Buckets, Grapple Buckets, an Auger, Trencher, and Compactor. Typical applications include digging, simulated truck-loading, and travel. More advanced tool work could include using a Brushcutter, Mulcher, Cold Planer, or Wheel Saw.
- 12 months functional area experience
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods
- Ability to perform repetitive operations
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
Top candidates will also have:
- Basic understanding of mechanical systems
- Experience assembly or repairing SSLs, MTLs and CTLs
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Initiative and maturity to work independently
- Candidate must take safety very seriously and respect the power of the machine.
- He/she must be willing to be instructed and/or corrected to address potential safety concerns, while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Prior experience operating construction machinery
- Basic understanding of construction machinery
- Strong mechanical ability
- Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
- This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .