Career Area:Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Caterpillar Morton On-Site Hiring Event!
Thursday, August 18th 2022 from 8am to 10am & 12pm to 2pm.
Onsite interviews, Full-Time, Part-Time & Weekend schedules starting at $17.67/hr! These positions include full-time benefits! WALK IN'S WELCOME!
Location : 500 N Morton Ave, Morton, IL 61550
Time: 8am to 10am & 12pm to 2pm
Please be prepared to Interview, Submit a Drug Test (requires valid ID), complete a lift test and complete a Medical Questionnaire with our Nursing Team! This could take roughly 1.5 hours - 2 hours.
*Please ensure you frequently check the e-mail account you provided on your application, including the spam/junk folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process. We will contact you to schedule your interview time!
Caterpillar Morton Distribution Center is hiring Warehouse Associates! (Full Time, Part-Time & Weekend Shifts).
-Vacation time when contractually available
-Quarterly bonus - $250 minimum
-Starting wage $17.67/hour with an additional $0.60 night-shift premium with potential to earn more based on experience for our warehouse associate openings
-Day one medical, dental, vision, RX (get all starting as low as $33.00/month!)
-6% 401k match
-Opportunity for overtime hours/shifts
-Education tuition assistance
-Employee led engagement teams
Now is a great time to join us! Caterpillar has recently been recognized as one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes Magazine. Our team is currently looking for talented individuals to fill the role of Materials Specialist at our Morton Distribution Center. In this position, your role will be to perform a variety of functions to check, receive, and verify accuracy of our prime product. You will check, store, disburse or fill orders for parts, materials, tools, equipment and supplies.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Maintain and report daily receiving and shipping activities
* Safely perform the material handling and warehousing functions required in the receiving, processing, storing, moving, packing, and shipping of parts, materials equipment and supplies.
* Perform related and/or specialized clerical duties and resolves discrepancies as required. Maintains related clerical records and operates computer terminal and/or hand held scanner to access and update information for receiving, counting and order processing. Performs housekeeping functions as required.
* Uses mobile equipment as required to facilitate job functions.
* Reports defects and need for repairs.
* One year of any kind of previous work or volunteer experience
Physical Qualifications (with or without reasonable accommodation):
* Ability to frequently lift and carry boxes weighing up to 35 pounds for intervals of 15-30 minutes
* Infrequently lift and carry boxes weighing up to 50 pounds
* Work at heights of up to 20 feet from the floor
* Work in an environment with frequently changing temperatures
* Walk, squat, and bend over for intervals of 15-30 minutes
Top candidates will also have:
* Previous distribution center, warehouse, and/or order filling experience
* Experience with operation of materials handling equipment
* Good communication skills and strong commitment to safety and teamwork
* Computer skills
* Ability to read/write and interpret documents
* Ability to perform a variety of clerical functions and do basic math
* Ability to obtain forklift certification
* Safety is a core value at Caterpillar. We owe it to our employees and their families to work in a safe and secure workplace. All candidates for employment must successfully pass a preemployment drug screen held to the DOT standards for prohibited substances, including marijuana.
* Wage is $17.67 with $0.60 per hour night shift premium
* Positions are full-time with benefits
* Positions are in Morton, Illinois
* There is no relocation offered for these positions
Please ensure you frequently check the e-mail account you provided on your application, including the spam/junk folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process. We will send your interview time via email!
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .