Career Area:Human Resources
Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that, because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
Caterpillar is seeking a learning professional to join the corporate Learning & Development Center of Expertise. This individual will work independently and in conjunction with the Global Manager of Professional Skills and Team Development to provide business solutions for individual-, team-, and organizational-levels. Areas of focus include design, deployment, and evaluation of learning solutions for employees and leaders; program development for building high performing teams; and supporting culture change initiatives.
This role will investigate, evaluate, develop and implement development programs to meet evolving business needs of the organization.
- Incumbent identifies and prioritizes specialized development needs, curates and designs business-focused solutions that meet criteria established in collaboration with business partners.
- May select and purchase materials, services and evaluation methods to assure needs are satisfied.
- Serves as designer and facilitator of programs in team development.
- Coordinates staff, vendors, consultants and internal partners.
- Typical internal customers include various contacts throughout Caterpillar worldwide and its subsidiaries.
- The position's primary customers are internal.
- The position is challenged to quickly and correctly identify problems which may not be obvious.
- The incumbent solves problems by determining the best course of action, within departmental guidelines, from many existing solutions.
- The incumbent determines the best way to complete job assignments in order to achieve desired results.
- Impacts key quality goals including Customer Satisfaction, Continuous Improvement, Timeliness, Accuracy, Efficiency, Cost Savings, and Process Quality.
- 4 year degree, typically in Human Resources, Social Science or Business.
- 2-3 years of job-related experience
Top Candidates will also have
- Masters Degree
- Human relations skills are required to develop a cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the department.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality is essential.
- Location: This position would ideally be located in Tucson, AZ; Peoria, IL; Mossville, IL; San Antonio, TX, Dallas, TX; and Nashville, TN however open to considering other Caterpillar facilities within the U.S. (candidates permanent address must be within 50-mile driving distance to a Caterpillar facility)
- For a full list of U.S. Caterpillar facilities please visit: https://www.caterpillar.com/en/company/global-footprint/americas/united-states.html
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers .
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-media
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .