JOB SUMMARY: Process Caterpillar Financial Services Limited's (CFSL) documents through the preparation of forms supporting approved transactions, initiation of funding, and preparation of leasing and remote document systems input.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives requests from the credit area to prepare final financing documents.
- Assists in the preparation of complex documentation involving leases, vessel mortgages, and financing packages.
- Utilizes knowledge of financial transactions, provincial and federal personal and property tax, withholding tax, and lien documents.
- Verifies existing and enters additional contract information into the remote documents system prior to printing at the Caterpillar dealership, or in the office for distribution to the dealership.
- Maintains a follow-up system to ensure timely return of documents to CFSL and follows up with dealers and customers as needed.
- Reviews returned document packages for completeness and accuracy. If additional information or documents are needed, the incumbent communicates with the customer or dealer to obtain such information.
- Orders and tracks record searches.
- May track receipt of and proper filing of documents related to new business and renewals of previously booked business.
- May review searches for liens conflicting with our security position.
- May contact outside creditors to discuss the need to sign subordination and release documents.
- Verifies insurance coverage to complete the document file. If additional documents are needed, contacts the customer or dealer.
- Inputs transactions into the leasing system to prepare for funding.
- If the contract is out of balance, coordinates with the Credit Analyst for correction.
- May assist with Credit Administration
- Participates in accomplishment of continuous improvement objectives for the department.
- Progress toward accomplishment of these is measured through maintenance of necessary measurements and analysis of associated data.
- Participates in the identification of problem areas and development of resolutions to address them.
- Understands the Harassment policy of the company and is responsible for its application in all aspects of employment.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. Knowledge billing and invoicing procedures.
2. Ability to apply effective oral, written, and listening communication skills with dealers, customers, company personnel, and the financial communities.
3. Ability to effectively manage numerous tasks.
4. Knowledge of and the ability to apply math computation skills.
5. Knowledge of and the ability to apply data collection and analysis skills.
6. Ability to prepare and maintain spreadsheets.
7. Ability to use a typewriter and/or keyboard for 75% of the workday.
8. Demonstrated ability to perform general office tasks.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent GED certificate and a minimum of 2 years experience in an office environment is recommended.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .