Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
To assist in running various tasks associated with monthly close and also provides support for weekly process outside of close.
Job duties include but are not limited to the following:
This job reports to the Business Support Manager. Typical job tasks include but are not limited to purchase analysis and maintenance, journal entries, reconciliations, grief resolution and additional project work as determined.
- Work Supporting Business Process : Resolve grief, prepare invoices, prepare and record accounting entries. Reconcile low to medium complex accounts.
- Accounting/System Knowledge : Seeks guidance to effectively conform to company accounting practices and procedures.
- Project Teams : Participate on projects and provide support.
- Accounting Functions : Accounting tasks with relatively low complexity.
- Decisions : Requires few decisions. Most decisions in this role revolve around grief resolution and invoice corrections.
- I nteractions : Few interactions outside of workgroup. Requires fairly close supervision.
Employee may also be responsible for performing other job duties occasionally as assigned.
- Requires 9-12 hours of college OR 1-3 years equivalent experience in accounting
- Proficient at standard Microsoft software programs
- Ability to work well in a team environment
Top Candidate Will Also Have:
- General knowledge of business/accounting policies and procedures in a manufacturing environment
- Solid analytical skills
- Ability to work with management at all levels
- Ability to independently handle accounting issues of low to medium complexity
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrates initiative and accountability
- Location: Corinth, MS
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.
- Minimal travel is expected
Employee benefit details:
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary, because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits [medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401(k)] along with the potential of an annual bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .