Career Area:Purchasing & Procurement
WE BUILD WHAT MATTERS
What matters most to you? Is it being part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe, and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters!
About SPM Oil & Gas
SPM Oil & Gas, a Caterpillar company, provides superior products and service solutions to make our customers more efficient and lower total cost of ownership. Globally, we deliver engineered oilfield and drilling equipment repair and certification, mechanical and rotating equipment repairs and upgrades, rapid prototyping of spare parts, robust asset management, operation and maintenance and field engineering services. We offer a wide range of career opportunities across a variety of technical and business roles in engineering and service locations worldwide. Join our team and help build engineering solutions that change the industry.
We are currently looking for an Engineer in Fort Worth, Texas. As an Engineer, you are responsible for developing and maintaining quality plans and activities to ensure purchased products meet conformance to SPM Oil & Gas, as well as Customer/Regulatory specifications. The engineer works as a collaborative team member and leader to establish department goals and objectives to drive business results and a continuous improvement culture. The engineer will drive supplier manufacturing process and systemic quality improvements. This position is the enabler of effective execution of Advanced Quality Planning through the receipt, release, and delivery of purchased components to the manufacturing line. In addition, this position is a key contributor to ensuring customer satisfaction through leading successful qualification of parts and processes; as well as corrective action activities with suppliers to prevent quality non-conformances. Partner with procurement in assessing existing suppliers and potential new suppliers as needed.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, implement, and maintain standardized metrics and scorecard that guide actions and promote continuous improvement (e.g. supplier performance metric DPPM, SCAR, Concessions, etc.).
- Responsible for planning, organizing, and performing all supplier’s quality related activities, delivering on-time part/process qualification process (i.e. PPAP, QatS) for responsible components.
- Provide sound quality input to supplier qualifications (existing / new suppliers, supplier transition, etc.).
- Ensure all changes compliance with SPM Oil & Gas internal Quality Management System (change control, CAPA, etc.).
- Develop, implement, and maintain Supplier On-Site Assessment and Supplier Qualification.
- Drive product and process improvements through investigations and effective root cause analysis. Drive risk mitigation and effective process controls. Ensure supplier corrective actions are robust and sustained.
- Assist suppliers in quality assurance processes and procedures to facilitate continuous improvement of supplier and product performance.
- Perform and/or participate in source qualification by performing quality and manufacturing system surveys and special process surveys.
- Take first action to protect the plant from non-conforming parts from suppliers.
- Coordinate containment activities, initiate controls and safeguard replacement deliveries when needed.
- Initiate, verify, evaluate, and ensure timely closure of supplier CAPAs as necessary to improve quality and reduce manufacturing disruptions.
- Serving as a liaison between SPM Oil & Gas senior management and suppliers to identify quality issues and come up with solutions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of science degree in Engineering or related technical field discipline and 5+ years of experience in various functions of quality and manufacturing or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to travel up to 30% (domestic and international)
- Proficient application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Working knowledge of dimensional metrology
- Working knowledge of precision machining and precision assembly
- Proficient application of Advanced Quality Planning Tool and Techniques
- Working knowledge of Advanced Quality Planning Tool and Techniques
- Working knowledge of special manufacturing processes such welding, plating, heat treatment, forging &casting
Top candidates will also have:
- Lean/Six Sigma Green Belt certification (Black Belt desirable)
What You Will Get:
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary. Because we value your performance, we offer a total rewards package that provides day-one benefits, including but not limited to:
- Competitive salary and annual bonus program
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid time off plan (Vacation, Holiday, Volunteer, Etc.)
- Company-matched 401(k) plan
- Stock option opportunity over time
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Life Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Healthy Lifestyle Programs
- Employee Assistance Programs
At Caterpillar, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive environment that values and respects the unique talents, experiences, and viewpoints of our global employees. Our vision is to continually develop the Best Team to build innovative solutions for our global customers, deliver superior results for our stockholders and positively impact the people and communities we serve.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O.
As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers #LI
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .