Career Area:Manufacturing & Supply Chain
What does it mean to live the Caterpillar Experience?
It means you play a part in building a better world. You contribute to a winning culture—a spirit of accountability—that has driven change on every continent for more than 90 years. To work with us is a commitment to improve sustainability, invent for the digital age and innovate in order to bring solutions to millions of people. Sure, you work for Caterpillar. But more importantly, you work for the good of your career, your family, your community and your world. As a company, we will take on every challenge that faces us, just as we have in the past. We will continue to lead in our industries because of employees like you. You’re here on purpose, with a purpose. Your work builds the world. You build what matters.
About SPM Oil and Gas
SPM Oil and Gas provides superior products and service solutions to Oil & Gas customers in upstream, production, transportation, refining and related industries. The team works hard to create lifelong customer relationships, supplying comprehensive product & service solutions for the Oil & Gas industry and setting the standard for excellence in the segment.
SPM Oil & Gas currently has opening for a Millwright (Journeyman) located in Edmonton, Alberta. installs, maintains, troubleshoots and repairs stationary machinery and rotating mechanical equipment.
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
- Read blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Install, align, disassemble, assemble and move stationary industrial machinery and rotating mechanical equipment such as pumps, gearboxes, turbines, compressors, blowers, fans, conveyors, furnaces and generators according to layout plans using hand and power tools
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices such as cranes, jacks and forklifts tractors to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up and repair of machinery.
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and find irregularities and malfunctions
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain power transmission, vacuum, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and programmable logic controls
- Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts
- Operate machine tools such as lathes or grinders, to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set up of machinery
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on machinery
- Assemble machinery and equipment prior to installation by using hand and power tools and welding equipment
- Must have basic knowledge of Critical Safety Devices and their purpose.
- Must understand all Permit Systems.
- Demonstrate the ability to accurately complete all work related documents.
- Understand basic operating principles for all plant machinery.
- Other duties as requested or required
- Knowledge of blueprints reading and comprehension of provided manufacturing processes
- Effectively demonstrate the core values of Caterpillar at all times
- Follow all written policies and procedures safely without deviation or refer to upper management for guidance
- Exhibit and advocate exemplary safety culture at all times
- Demonstrate consistency, accountability, reliability and solid work ethic
- Contributes to a team environment by maintaining a positive attitude along with supporting a safe work environment and keeps work area neat and organized
- Provide superior customer service to all internal and external customers
- Must have the ability to perform independently or in a team setting
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and written
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Background / Skills:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with one to two years’ related experience and/or training
Journeyman Millwright Provincial Trade Certification.
Must have basic knowledge of Critical Safety Devices and their purpose.
Must understand all Permit Systems.
Demonstrate the ability to accurately complete all work related documents.
Understand basic operating principles for all plant machinery
Fluency in English (read, write, comprehend)
Ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions and deal with problems
Must have mechanical aptitude
Observe safety and security procedures
Employee benefit details
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides benefits on day one (medical, dental, vision, RX, and Pension) along with the potential of an annual bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of Canada which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-media
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .