Career Area:Marketing / Sales / Product Support
Your Impact Shapes the World at Caterpillar
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Having the right parts in the right place at the right time is the result we strive to achieve to ensure customer satisfaction and maximise equipment uptime. The Demand Planning team within RIOP (Resource Industries Operations Division) is responsible for working with key dealers & end customers to gather, analyse, and communicate accurate forward-looking critical component demand signals. Follow-up is then done to ensure actions are taken by relevant business partners to achieve parts availability goals that meet customer expectations. The Sales, Inventory & Operations Planning Manager (or SIOP Manager) role is responsible for the development, deployment, and execution of the SIOP process with dealers and key customers in South Africa. The objective is to leverage, expand, and connect individual entity S&OP processes across Caterpillar, dealers, and customer(s) for improved parts planning and fulfillment effectiveness to achieve planned component DIFOT (Delivered In Full On Time), inventory and cost optimization goals. Through improved collaboration and proactive leadership, the SIOP team is setting a standard of cost and delivery performance in the Mining industry.
- Lead and facilitate the development, deployment, and execution of the SIOP process in South Africa and other regions as required.
- Work directly with dealers, customers, and internal Cat partners on developing and improving SIOP processes related to critical component rebuilds and repairs.
- Ensure the demand signals and forecasts captured through SIOP, Planned Component Repair (PCR), and Plan for Every Serial Number (PLESN) processes are accurate and reliable.
- Consult on demand signals and inventory planning with relevant business partners to ensure appropriate actions are taken to maximize customer machine uptime at an optimal cost for all entities.
- Support projects and processes related to the increased usage and effectiveness of data analytics in the demand planning and SIOP value streams.
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited university
- 3+ years experience in one or more of the following areas: aftermarket parts sales, parts operations, forecasting, demand planning, parts distribution, inventory management, supply chain, dealer development, global customer accounts
Top candidates will also have:
- Direct Dealer and/or Customer facing experience
- Excellent human relations and communication skills to develop collaborative working relationships with key stakeholders and process partners
- Project Management and/or Process Owner experience with strong facilitation skills
- High initiative, flexible and eager to learn
- Creative / Think outside the box / Challenge the status quo attitude
- High Cat business acumen and understanding (Product lines, Parts categories, Dealer network, Caterpillar matrix, etc.)
- Ability to travel as required
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .