What does it mean to live the Caterpillar Experience?
It means you play a part in building a better world. You contribute to a winning culture—a spirit of accountability—that has driven change on every continent for more than 90 years. To work with us is a commitment to improve sustainability, invent for the digital age and innovate in order to bring solutions to millions of people. Sure, you work for Caterpillar. But more importantly, you work for the good of your career, your family, your community, and your world.
Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes, and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
Industrial Power Systems Division (IPSD) designs, tests and manufactures 0.5 to 18L engines that not only power Caterpillar machines but also power over 5000 other applications including Marine, Petroleum, Industrial Applications, Electric Generators, Locomotive and Defense. Caterpillar’s company strategy includes sustainability as one of four focus areas and IPSD is engaged and actively preparing green energy solutions for the future.
IPSD seeks a Division Controls and Compliance Manager located in Schertz, TX. In this role you will have the opportunity to provide counsel and reporting on a robust controls and compliance framework to IPSD’s global leadership team. This includes leading process development, improvement, and ongoing support of Caterpillar’s Enterprise Ethics & Compliance and Control Programs. In addition, you will be a key coordinator of identifying and sharing of best practices across the division, development of annual plans and metrics and supporting the implementation of policies and procedures.
Primary Responsibilities Typically Include:
- Direct report to IPSD’s CFO and works closely with IPSD’s senior leadership team on controls and compliance initiatives.
- Manage the business process development, improvement, and ongoing support of Caterpillar’s Enterprise Ethics & Compliance Program and Controls Program.
- Lead a team of compliance professionals responsible for IPSD financial and regulatory compliance control effectiveness
- Foster close working relationship with Internal Auditing & Advisory Services, SOX Center of Excellence, Trade Center of Excellence, and segment compliance teams.
- Develop and execute an effective risk identification and assessment strategy while providing oversight and guidance to IPSD’s compliance councils.
- Maintain effective, efficient, and compliant business processes, annual action plans and metrics.
- Assist in the development and implementation of global controls/processes to ensure compliance with Caterpillar’s Code of Conduct, policies and procedures, and applicable laws
- Design, develop, implement, monitor, and report compliance metrics to demonstrate Ethics & Compliance Program effectiveness within the Division.
- Champion the Global Finance strategy and lead continuous improvement projects.
- The position will require some (approx 20%) travel, as the above-mentioned processes and responsibilities need to be implemented throughout ’s global operations.
- The position often confronts complex issues or problems, which require careful analysis, diagnosis, and confidentiality. The incumbent may need to modify existing approaches or develop new solutions. The incumbent sets priorities and establishes a work plan in order to complete broadly defined assignments and achieve desired results.
- Bachelor’s level degree in Accounting or Finance or a degree in a compliance related field
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in discipline
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Previous compliance program management experience with a multi-national corporation
- Capability to address a broad range of risk topics including but not limited to financial, international trade, data privacy and anti-corruption regulations
- Strong skills in teamwork, trust, transparency, relationship building and relations skills and leadership attributes
- High integrity and good judgement required in order to deal with confidential issues
- Influencing others across all levels of management to help take actions in driving a higher compliance culture
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers .
Employee benefit details:
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just an hourly wage, because we value your performance, we offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of a monthly bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .