Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs.
Flexible Work Environment:
At Caterpillar, a brand recognized the world over, your office could be closer than you ever realized. Caterpillar’s highly flexible work environment fosters a culture to inspire unconventional ideas to accomplish remarkable results. With life demands ever-changing, Caterpillar provides employees the autonomy to choose their work location based on their daily commitments and how/where they work most efficiently and effectively. It’s time to start building what matters most, your career!
The position of Enterprise Strategy Manager plays a key role in setting the strategy for some of the most critical enterprise-level initiatives driving organic growth set by the Executive Office, such as helping Caterpillar deliver on our aftermarket services target of $28B by 2026. This role will lead the day-to-day execution of strategy projects, serve as the primary point of contact with business partners, and provide on-the-job coaching and mentorship to our team of Associates.
A successful Enterprise Strategy Manager helps our internal business partners define strategies, inform decision making and accelerate the time to execution by:
- Solving complex and ambiguous questions from leaders across the enterprise using a structured problem solving approach
- Developing hypotheses supported by strong business acumen informed by industry experience and/or subject matter expertise
- Generating insights from data analysis (e.g., root cause, trend, benchmarking, etc.) as well as primary and secondary research
- Identifying recommendations that inform key decisions required to define and successfully execute strategy
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to define and validate recommendations and obtain buy-in from key stakeholders
- Effectively creating written deliverables and communicating to executive stakeholders
To accomplish this, the Enterprise Strategy Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Manage the day-to-day execution of strategy projects, which includes defining the workplan, facilitating stakeholder meetings, structuring and supporting Associates’ activities, creating and presenting “client-ready” outputs, serving as Enterprise Strategy Division’s primary point of contact, and identifying and escalating potential risks
- A critical component in this position is the ability to support the development of Associates through formal and informal channels, which includes on-the-job training, facilitating structured trainings, and providing feedback during team problem solving sessions
- Identify potential areas where Enterprise Strategy can support by developing an internal network of key stakeholders and synthesizing emerging themes across projects as well as from external sources
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, economics, engineering, science or mathematics
- 7-10 years of total professional experience, including a minimum of 4-6 years in management consulting, corporate strategy, investment banking, private equity or corporate development roles
- Strong analytical and structured problem solving skills
- Demonstrated record of success in dynamic professional environments with tight timelines, executive stakeholders and quality output
- MBA or Master’s degree
- Experience working with cross-functional teams at a large, matrixed, global company
- Strong understanding of B2B and B2C business models
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Knowledge of data analysis and visualization tools such as Power BI
Employee benefit details:
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary, because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits [medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401(k)] along with the potential of an annual bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers
#LIRelocation is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .