Career Area:Information Technology
This role will become a subject matter expert in Caterpillar supply chain data and related systems. The position provides technical direction to a team of contracted developers including guidance on coding style and will conduct code reviews and approvals to migrate code to production. A complete understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle is required. This team uses a hybrid agile approach with stories and code managed in Azure DevOps. You will also complete limited coding, primarily to demonstrate or prove out new ideas and occasional need for emergency changes. Primary technologies utilized include AWS and Snowflake cloud platforms as well as Spark, Java, AWS Services, Python, SQL, and Neo4j.
This is an opportunity to deliver solutions and data that optimize Caterpillar’s Supply Chain. You will gain enterprise level exposure to key initiatives, business processes, people and data that drive our supply chain. You will deliver and improve solutions built on AWS and Snowflake using Spark/Java, AWS Services, Python, SQL, and Neo4j graph database technology. You will also work with SaaS cloud solutions such as E2Open.
The successful candidate will have a highly analytical mindset who is able to spot patterns in data that impedes our supply chain effectiveness and can articulate changes needed in facility ERPs as well as our own enterprise level solutions.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Analytics, Mathematics, Engineering, or related field
* 5+ years of professional IT programming experience with Java and SQL
* Excellent technical and analytical skills
* Excellent planning and organizational skills
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Ability and desire to learn quickly
* 3 years of Cloud Experience (AWS Preferred)
* Exposure to graph databases with desire to gain expertise in graph database design and Neo4j technology.
* Experience with relational database management
* ERP knowledge would be helpful (i.e. SAP, QAD, MAMM)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .