Career Area:Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Build more than machines. Build a career.
What matters most to you? Is it being a part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar ; where your work enables progress around the globe, and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters.
The purpose of this position is to perform repairs on Caterpillar engines, assist in determining a cause area, and report information to the appropriate areas. Technician will at times perform non-routine and specialized tests on certain applications.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
*Perform tests on Caterpillar engines to eliminate quality and material defects
* Be self-motivated, work independently when required
* Flexibility to move to various repair areas as needed
* Record information related to tests and defects and communicate findings
* Work in conjunction with Assembly to ensure throughput requirements are maintained
* Document all test results and appropriate feedback to adhere to plants quality goals
* Report defects and issues to supervisors, management, and project teams
* Identify and document key metrics related to assigned department or function
* Identify process improvement opportunities
* Set up specialized testing for certain applications
* Train other employees when required
* Follow standard operating procedures and area specific work instructions for various product range
* Read and interpret complex prints as well as work instructions in order to verify production builds
* Perform all other duties as assigned
*Experience with Standard Assembly tools and their applications
Top Candidates will also have:
* Strong attendance and performance record
* Advanced verbal and communication skills
* experience in performance testing and troubleshooting/diagnostics
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation):
* Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods
* Ability to perform repetitive operations
* Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
Additional Information: Resumes are highly encouraged for all applicants. This is an hourly position with an entry wage of $21/hr in Seguin, TX.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .