JOB SUMMARY: Carry out the activities necessary to provide credit to customers with acceptable limits of risk to the company. Negotiate simple financial transactions, prepare transactions for documentation and funding within limits of authority, and assist in administration of wholesale and retail customer "loan" covenant compliance reviews, including on-site record and physical machine/inventory audits.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Negotiates financial transactions and prepares transactions for documentation within limits of credit authority. Assists in negotiating financial and in preparing transactions for documentation for transactions in excess of credit authority. Assists in administration of wholesale and retail customer "loan" covenant compliance reviews, including on-site record and physical machine/inventory audits.
2. Determines Caterpillar Financial Services Limited (CFSL) customer credit worthiness, approves/rejects CFSL customer deals within approved credit authority, recommends deals beyond credit authority, and restructures customer deals. Conducts and monitors credit investigations. Assists in leading the documentation of retail accounts receivable; administers in-processing, signing, and funding of documented transactions; monitors accounting input; and audits booked deals for accuracy.
3. Participates in accomplishment of continuous improvement objectives for the department. Progress toward accomplishment of these is measured through maintenance of necessary measurements and analysis of associated data. Participates in the identification of problem areas and development of resolutions to address them.
4. Understands the Harassment policy of the company and is responsible for its application in all aspects of employment.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. Knowledge of financing and taxation principles.
2. Knowledge of Caterpillar products, their applications, and their markets.
3. Knowledge of marketing, credit and customer services concepts and techniques.
4. Knowledge of financing and leasing products of the subsidiary.
5. Knowledge of financing and leasing products and documentation principles.
6. Knowledge of billing, invoicing, and dealer payment principles and concepts.
7. Knowledge of security filing requirements and their applicability to bankruptcy laws and regulations.
8. Knowledge of and the ability to apply past due account collection techniques.
9. Ability to apply effective oral, written, and listening communication skills with dealers, customers, company personnel, and the financial community.
10. Ability to operate office equipment including a telephone system, financial calculator, and desktop/laptop computers.
11. Ability to perform math computation skills.
12. Ability to apply data collection and analysis skills.
13. Ability to analyze customer credit summaries and past due accounts.
14. Ability to calculate casualty values and amortization schedules.
15. Ability to prepare marketing reports and marketing related statistical reports.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: A 4-year university degree or equivalent diploma is recommended. Equivalent experience may be substituted for education.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .