Career Area:Human Resources
Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that, because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
The Integrated Components & Solutions HR team is looking for a Human Resources Consultant located in Mossville, Illinois. As an HR Consultant at Caterpillar, you will be responsible for assisting multiple levels of managers: OEM Solutions and Aftermarket & Services Growth, ICS Business Resources, Innovation & Early Technology, and Lean Center of expertise covering over 1,000 employees. Incumbent will also be responsible for bargaining unit initiatives for Mossville Tech Center and Peoria Proving Ground locations.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- The position may also have additional functional responsibilities outside of HR.
- work with employees on all payrolls and all shifts including union-represented employees if applicable
- Provide direction and guidance to all levels of employees on HR policies and procedures, ensuring consistency.
- Actively participate as a functional resource on business team ensuring human resources is an integral part of the business strategy.
- Keep employees, managers, general managers and leadership members advised on changes.
- Play an integral part in Employee Insights through integrating cultural values in the day-to-day business activities.
- Provide direction to Facility Management in interpretation and application of employee-related policies, practices and procedures, as well as international laws if applicable, governmental regulations, and internal investigations to enhance consistency and maintain and improve the work environment of the facility.
- Provide employment and personnel services including hiring new employees, administering benefits, providing appropriate training, and ensuring a safe work environment.
- Provide directives considering impact upon the company (financial), employee engagement, and consideration for the future (new practices, policies, and procedures).
- Support and maintain regional point of contacts for competitive businesses for local wage and benefit surveys to be conducted.
- Coordinate programs for management recruiting and selection.
- Develop and coordinate, training, development, and promotion to ensure proper and effective staffing, personnel selection and practices, manpower planning and succession planning, skills development, training, policy & practice interpretation and application.
- Assist managers in addressing individual and organizational effectiveness issues and compensation administration.
- Position will function as the Human Resources lead contact for the defined unit, determining and providing services directly or from specialized support groups.
- Typical internal customers include the employees at all levels in one or more facilities and/or Divisions.
- The position often confronts complex issues or problems, which require careful analysis and diagnosis. Problems are often unique and solutions can require original approaches.
- May modify existing approaches or develop new solutions.
- Sets priorities and establishes a work plan in order to complete broadly defined assignments and achieve desired results.
- Establishes quality standards consistent with overall quality goals.
- Impacts key quality goals including Customer Satisfaction, Continuous Improvement, Timeliness, Accuracy, Efficiency, Cost Savings, and Process Quality.
- Position serves as facilitator for the analysis and development of new quality initiatives in the measure(s) stated.
- Bachelor's degree in HR Related Field or equivalent experience of 3-5 years of practical human resource assignments
- Experience providing HR Guidance in bargained and non-bargained facilities
Top Candidates will also have
- Excellent Microsoft excel skills for V look-up, pivot tables, etc.
- Workday experience
- Familiarity with functional areas, policies and procedures
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required in order to deal with sensitive issues, persuade others inside and outside the department to take specific actions and perform duties of the job that may appear outside of HR
- Strong oral and written communications skills, including the ability to present, influence and collaborate at the leadership level
- Ability to consider both traditional and non-traditional approaches to human resource management
- Demonstrated ability to drive HR processes and to deliver high quality HR services in a fast-paced environment
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to develop positive working relationships across all levels and functions
- Strong customer focus and ability to influence
- Proven track record of positively influencing teams of employees at all levels
- Experience in labor relations and managing an hourly bargained workforce is a bonus
The location for this position is Mossville, IL.
Domestic relocation assistance is available for this position.
This position may require up to 10% travel.
Employee benefit details
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides benefits on day one (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of an annual bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers .
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-media
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .