Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
This position will be in the Cat Brand Engines Business Unit, located in Lafayette, Indiana. This position will be heavily involved in the annual business plan, quarterly forecasts, analysis of actual results, investigation of issues impacting business results, and process improvements.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Internal management accounting, including service center reporting
- Coordination of purchased services
- Estimating various forecast and budget scenarios as needed based on changing business conditions
- Financial accounting including consolidation, analysis, and communication of business unit results / explanations to corporate offices
- Presentation and explanation of results to management
- Manage and maintenance of Axiom financial tool
- Power BI reporting
Interacts with multiple functional areas and levels of authority. The Senior Accounting Analyst is capable of handling complex accounting issues such as:
- reconciliation between forecasts and actual
- interpretation of results
- intercompany transactions
- resolving financial reporting problems
- 4-year degree in accounting OR any 4-year degree with an accounting certification (CPA/CMA)
- At least 1-2 years of accounting experience
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Strong leadership, initiative, inter-personal skills and the ability to communicate effectively
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers .
Employee benefit details
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just an hourly wage, because we value your performance, we offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of a monthly bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
#LIRelocation is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .