Career Area:Information Technology
To complete proposed changes or additions to systems and programs. Assist more experienced application development and support personnel in developing solutions to customer related requests and/or systems problems. Develop and write related program logic or integrate solutions into the systems and/or infrastructure
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- his position reports to an IT Supervisor, Senior IT Supervisor, or IT Manager as do other staff jobs in systems and programming work.
- Customers may include internal Caterpillar organizations (service centers and/or worldwide business units), suppliers, dealers and/or product end users. Responsibilities of the incumbents are along functional lines with individual Associate IT Analysts in Applications assigned new development and/or maintenance of existing mainframe, personal computer, server, and/or distributed computing systems.
- This role understands and executes standard work to ensure the scope of services achieve and maintain appropriate level of risk and compliance to internal policies and procedures, including those relating to sustainability, cybersecurity, SOX, and IT General Controls.
- Codes, tests, and debugs programs of varying degrees of difficulty.
- Works on application/technical problem identification and resolution, including off-shift and weekend support functions.
- Works with limited assistance on increasingly complex programs or subroutines.
- Under direction of more senior analysts, assists in the development or integration of major system modules and programs.
- Knowledgeable of current operating environment, programming languages, logic diagrams, testing, debugging and documentation.
- Follows established development and support processes.
- Typically serves as a team member on one or more 6 Sigma projects. The incumbents are considered the first level of programming expertise and work within defined objectives and instructions from IT people for use in designing, testing and documenting systems and programs.
- BS degree in IT Engineering
- 80 % English level, written and oral communication
- 2 years experience C# Web Programming
- 2 years experience Web Programming
- knowledge of current technology including one or more of the following: programming languages, computing software
- Experience on leading improvement projects
- Knowledgeable and experience with Project Management basics
- Negotiation with Customers and prioritization skills
- Provides effective communication and services in solving production problems or pursuing operations improvements
- C# with MVC Programming
- Oracle Experience
- Agile Experience
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .