Big machines require big thinking. Are you looking for your next big challenge?
Cat® Digital is the digital and technology arm of Caterpillar Inc., leveraging the latest technologies to build industry leading digital solutions for our customers and dealers. With over one million connected assets worldwide, our teams use data, technology, advanced analytics, telematics and AI capabilities to help our customers build a better world.
Working with a Fortune 100 leader, you can build your career on a global scale and take advantage of development opportunities with emerging technologies. We’ve created an inclusive environment for you to explore your passions, make an impact and do the work that really matters. Join Us.
Join the Application DevOps team of Cat Digital and help deliver software solutions that integration common services across our application portfolio and other enterprise systems used by Caterpillar customers and dealers. This DevOps and SecOps leadership role is focused on designing and executing strategy, designing CI/CD pipelines, security best practices, and ensures the best scalability, infrastructure security, and software quality of our solutions. This role assists in delivery of Java and C# software deliverables, REST services, and infrastructure design in support of several application delivery teams. This role is also accountable for SecOps compliance for our legacy and cloud based solutions.
As a Lead DevOps / SecOps Engineer you will contribute to strategy, design, development, testing and deployment of software systems and/or applications.
- Competent to perform all pipeline development, deployment, programming, project management, and development assignments without close supervision; normally assigned the more complex aspects of systems work.
- Aligning security best practices and implementations with corporate standards, participating in detailed security reviews with enterprise security leadership.
- Owning and remediating any security best practices, including accountability for security related incidents and resolutions.
- Defining and delegating work streams, and coaching other members of our DevOps team.
- Works directly on complex application/technical problem identification and resolution, including responding to off-shift and weekend support calls.
- Works independently on complex systems or infrastructure components that may be used by one or more applications or systems.
- Drives application development focused around delivering business valuable features
- Maintains high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits
- Identifies and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team
- Communicate with end users and internal customers to help direct development, debugging, and testing of application software for accuracy, integrity, interoperability, and completeness
- Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results.
- Ability to work fluidly and collaboratively with other technical domain experts on a dynamic set of projects.
- Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
- Position requires a four-year degree from an accredited college or university.
- 8 years or more of software development experience or at least 5 years of experience with master’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Experience in automating & implementing identity & security policies for cloud infrastructure (AWS)
- Experience in compliance and security strategy definition.
- Experience in Tools Administration supporting large Organizations.
- Five years or more of experience in designing and developing software applications, or at least three years of experience preferably in python (3.x) with master’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Ability to work both as a team and completely autonomously in enterprise cloud environments.
- Ability to coordinate working with multiple teams to get tasks completed from start to finish.
- Strong understanding of fundamental Information Security concepts while working with cloud technologies.
- Proven track record of working with and helping team members of a lower skill level improve their skills and understand issues on a technical level.
Top Candidates will also have:
- AWS Cloud Practitioner and DevOps certification
- Additional AWS Certifications related to Architecture or Security.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, SQL, Terraform
- Proven experience in many of the following:
- Designing, developing, deploying and maintaining software at scale.
- Deploying software using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, GoCD, Azure Devops etc.
- Deploying Angular SPA UI applications in a Mono repo configuration using the NX framework. Experience with Unit and E2E testing tuning in these types of applications is a huge plus.
- Deploying RESTful applications in .Net and/or Java applications.
- Deploying and maintaining software using public clouds such as AWS or Azure, preferably AWS.
- Working within an Agile framework (ideally Scrum)
- Understanding of Infrastructure as Code technologies such as CloudFormation, Terraform.
- Demonstrable expertise in all of the following:
- Debugging and maintaining software in Linux or Unix platforms
- Must demonstrate solid knowledge of computer science fundamentals like data structures and algorithms.
- Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints
- Passion for technology and an eagerness to contribute to a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated leadership on small to medium-scale projects impacting strategic priorities
- Great verbal and written communication skills to collaborate cross functionally, enhance scalability and articulate technical details to leadership in a clear and concise manner.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a cross functional team.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment that delivers results and has fun.
This position will be based out of our Westminster, CO office with flexibility for partial work from home.
Minimum base salary for this role in Colorado is $133k. Actual salary will be based on experience. The total compensation package, beyond base salary, also includes participation in Caterpillar’s team incentive program
Annual incentive bonus program
Medical, dental and vision coverage
Paid time off plan (Vacation, Holiday, Volunteer, Etc.)
401k savings plan including company match
Health savings account (HSA)
Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Short and long-term disability coverage
Paid Parental Leave
Healthy Lifestyle Programs
Employee Assistance Programs
Voluntary Benefits (Ex. Identity Theft Protection)Visa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .