Career Area:Purchasing & Procurement
Job role: Supply Network Specialist
Salary: £42,756 p/a
Location: Peterborough, UK
Benefits: 25 days annual leave,
Contributory pension scheme- Caterpillar will double the employee's contribution Up to 10%
Contributory share scheme- Caterpillar will match 50% of the employee's contribution
Flexible working arrangements will be considered for this role, in-line with the needs of the business.
Who is Caterpillar? What do we do?
Caterpillar is a world leader in construction and mining equipment- creating innovative, cutting-edge products
and services that help our customers build the world around us. With that level of impact comes the platform
to care for the world, we work in. That’s why we lead sustainable green initiatives to preserve the environment,
help reduce poverty with the Caterpillar Foundation and stay involved in the communities we help build.
What will Caterpillar do for you?
From day one, you’re set up to thrive at Caterpillar: helpful training, relatable mentors, global experience, competitive salary package, work-life balance and the growth opportunities you expect with a Fortune 100 company.
You power our success, and we are committed to empowering yours. After all, when your work can impact the entire world, it’s important to do work that matters.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Act as regional tactical representative for our Enterprise Supplier Risk & Readiness Process, focused on the identification, prioritization and validation of supplier operational risks; with the goal of preventing and mitigating supply disruptions.
- Utilize data and analytics to expose, clarify and prioritize potential risks in the supply base by means of data analysis, collaboration with partners in Procurement, Supply Chain, etc, and monitoring of external data sources.
- Conduct frequent and ongoing collaborations with Enterprise teams to escalate and prioritize risks having the potential to disrupt supply utilizing supplier scorecards with a wide range of inputs across Quality, Velocity, Financial, Supply Chain, etc.
- Work with regional teams, facilitate action plan execution to ensure effective and efficient mitigation of supply risks, including external and internal measures.
- Drive continuous improvement in the process and tools, pursuing highest possible in efficiency and output through collaboration and challenging the status quo.
- Additionally, individual will develop visual elements and enterprise level standard work, and actively supports facility change management activities as new supply chain processes are deployed.
- This position will work together with Project Leaders and other Solution Owners to provide input specific to the functional scope and capabilities, business processes & configuration, costing, and establish solution offerings. They will recommend areas for proactive service offering improvements. Collects and interprets voice of the customer information to direct new and enhanced service offerings.
- This role will also be called upon to contribute to strategic initiatives such as the development of standardized best practices, offerings, services and develop the associated tools & training. Serve as an enterprise representative, including presenting recommendations to senior divisional leaders.
Skills and Experience:
Candidates will have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
- Data analysis: Proven experience to be a self-starter in this area with the abilities to digest a concern, gather and analyze data (pivot tables, tableau, Power BI, PowerPoint, etc.), highlight the issue, summarize findings, develop scenarios, and propose next steps. Utilized these skills to solve complex business problems with tangible results.
- Data visualization: for executive summaries / reporting that articulate the situation in a very simple and easily digestible format.
- Demonstrated well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Facilitation skills demonstrated through your ability to manage projects, lead discussions and guide teams though execution of high impact initiatives.
- Coordination of meetings and stakeholder report outs. Work with interested parties and contributors on various venues and reports to ensure the purpose is clear, it is completed as planned
Candidates may have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
- Lead or Support department strategies, metrics, deliverables, and improvements across enterprise
- Experience working with the supply base with an understanding of how to get the best out of a supplier. To successfully design and develop solutions, the successful individual will collaborate with senior stakeholders and business users to collect VOB/VOC, business requirements, and prepare implementation plans for successful deployment.
- A good understanding of LEAN processes and how to identify and drive out loss across the scope of initiatives and across the network. Previous 6 Sigma Greenbelt/Black Belt experience desired
- Demonstrated resiliency in working with internal and external partners across a diverse global team.
- Ability to Complete Data Analysis from available digital platforms such as Power Bi, Tableau, Advanced Microsoft Excel to provide detail and summarize issues or constraints caused within the supply base and drive recommendations of business decisions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of statistical approaches, data management techniques, and/or related digital technologies, and the ability to handle complex issues.
- Demonstrate good communication and presentation skills, being able to explain conclusions to customers who have limited knowledge and experience with quantitative analytical methods.
- Challenges include meeting expectations in delivering results, learning to refine solutions to better fit complex situations, making timely decisions, and communicating effectively with all project stakeholders.
- Must be comfortable working in MS Office, and industry standard statistics and data visualization packages
- Technical Skills: Microsoft Suite of Applications, SharePoint, Forms, Power Bi. Communication networks, customer experience, user interface
- Creation of published materials for large user-base
- Experience documenting standard operating procedures.
NB. The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.
Pending the number of applications, the criteria for the position may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .