Career Area:Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Caterpillar's Section Manager position leads teams, maintains or develops a strong safety culture and supervises people across multiple employee categories / payrolls in manufacturing sections to maximize efficiency in quality, velocity and cost.
Job Duties/Responsibilities Include, but not limited to:
- Monitor and improve safety on the shop floor; eliminate any unsafe operations and ensure a safe and clean product environment.
- Determines processing needs to assure fixtures, tooling and methods are provided to meet schedules and production requirements.
- Daily tie-in with production management to designate work load, priorities and sequence for work assigned.
- Determines overtime need, determines priorities when resources are insufficient, and decides when disciplinary action is necessary.
- Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency. Works to improve processes, timeliness and reduce costs by eliminating non-value added activities.
- Ensures the quality of product produced and conforms to Caterpillars Quality Policy while maintaining cost.
- Ensure necessary parts and materials are ordered and distributed in a timely and efficient manner
- Implement various corporate initiatives such as 5S, Lean Manufacturing, 6 Sigma, CQMS/ISO certification, etc.
- Responsible for training and development of staff, time keeping, estimating personnel needs, assigning work, meeting completion dates, and ensuring consistent application of organizational needs.
- Bachelor degree in a Manufacturing-related discipline, or
- 3+ years in Manufacturing environment leadership role
- Previous experience in Lean Manufacturing, manufacturing operations processes, materials and / or quality
Top candidates will also have:
- Recent 1+ year experience as team lead or supervisor role
- Good communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Ability to work with a diverse group of employees and customers
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing
- Previous Automotive/Industrial/Manufacturing experience
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/CareersRelocation is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .