Cat Digital’s Metadata Management team is looking for a talented and motived Senior Metadata Specialist to join our team. Role responsibilities include representing the team as a SME in Metadata Management across the data platform community. You will be responsible for collaborating with varying levels of leadership and engaging with an US and offshore.
- Competent to perform all necessary data related task without close supervision, which could include metadata management, data governance, data design, or data quality.
- Refine the Cat Digital Metadata management strategy and define continuous improvement of data quality, governance, and processes.
- Liaises with data creators to support project planning, training, guidance on standards, and the efficient creation/maintenance of high-quality data.
- Contributes to policies, procedures, and standards as well as technical requirements.
- Ensure compliance with the latest data standards supported by the company, and brand, legal, information security (data security and privacy compliance).
- Creates, updates, and enhances metadata policies, processes, and catalogs.
- Drives alignment and coordination of data governance efforts.
- Works directly on complex application/technical problem identification and resolution.
- Maintains high standards of quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Identifies and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
- Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
- A 4-year degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
- 5 years or more of experience in data management (data design, data quality, metadata, governance, etc.).
Top candidates will also have:
- Experience in Metadata Management role within a large corporation preferably high tech or technology manufacturing.
- Understanding of information management concepts such as controlled vocabularies, authority control, data modeling, and schema design.
- Strong understanding of data governance, metadata management, data quality, data modeling, and data architecture concepts.
- Must be detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with:
- Metadata managers (ex. Erwin Mapping Manager)
- Metadata Cataloging Tools (ex. Collibra)
- Dig Data and Cloud Technology (AWS, Data Lakes, Snowflake)
- File format (XML, JSON)
- Passion for technology and an eagerness to contribute to a rapidly changing, team-oriented environment
#LI-HybridVisa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .