Big machines require big thinking. Are you looking for your next big challenge?
Cat® Digital is the digital and technology arm of Caterpillar Inc., leveraging the latest technologies to build industry leading digital solutions for our customers and dealers. With over one million connected assets worldwide, our teams use data, technology, advanced analytics, telematics and AI capabilities to help our customers build a better world.
Working with a Fortune 100 leader, you can build your career on a global scale and take advantage of development opportunities with emerging technologies. We’ve created an inclusive environment for you to explore your passions, make an impact and do the work that really matters. Join Us.
Join the Fleet Management team of Cat Digital and manage project teams comprised of a distributed group of full-stack software engineers, business analysts, quality automation engineers and others tasked with developing and maintaining fleet management and dealer work order management software solutions used by Caterpillar dealers, customers, and internally.
JOB RELATED STATISTICS:
Volume: varies from 2 – 3 product based teams working on backend and frontend technologies
Complexity: moderate to challenging
Scope: spans across multiple products, functional areas within business unit and across other business units
The Project Manager is accountable for ensuring successful completion of projects, on-time, within budget and with high quality. The principal responsibility of the Project Manager is to manage the planning and execution of project team members within an agile scrum environment. The Project Manager will be responsible for managing the project charter, communications, metrics, reporting, and the overall project plan.
- Responsibilities include supporting various product/project teams and obtain/provide a variety of information starting at concept stage and continuing through prototype, pilot, implementation and follow-up stages of various projects
- Develop and produce project management schedules.
- Manage daily scrums, planning sessions, grooming sessions and sprint demoes for 2-3 geographically distributed teams.
- Use professional project management tools and techniques to manage reporting, tracking charts, checklist, and project scheduling software and to delegate appropriately.
- Manage change and take active leadership in timely decision making.
- Manage schedules that reflect detailed information related to the changes, including effected components and functions, timelines for various stages of project completion, cost, etc.
- Will work with the individual team members from multiple functional disciplines and stake holders to establish completion dates.
- Monitor progress of projects, discusses problems with affected areas, assures appropriate personnel are informed of problem and steps are in place to meet schedules.
- Depending on nature of problems, expected to recommend possible solutions and alternatives.
- Work closely with engineering manager to highlight anticipated project issues early on.
- Work closely with other project managers, business analysts, product owners and stake holders working on the product
- The position requires a college or university degree or certification that is equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience working with software engineering teams in an agile environment
- 2+ years in software project management
- Proven experience with project management concepts including project charters, scheduling and planning projects and successful completion
- Previous agile training (spring planning, daily scrums, sprint, retrospective)
Top Candidates will also have:
- Masters’ degree in computer science, information systems, or closely related disciplines
- PMP certification preferred
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) preferred
- Working knowledge of Azure DevOps (formerly VSTS) or Jira, Confluence
- Advance knowledge of Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Project
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required in order to deal with sensitive issues, develop others, or influence others inside and outside the department to take specific actions.
- Should have strong project management skills, team leadership skills, excellent communication skills, ability to multitask effectively, strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Change Management Certification preferred
- Knowledge of Power BI is highly desirable
- Strong analytical skills and a passion for technology.
This position will be based out of our Westminster, CO office with flexibility for partial work from home.
Minimum base salary for this role in Colorado is $115k. Actual salary will be based on experience. The total compensation package, beyond base salary, also includes participation in Caterpillar’s team incentive program
Annual incentive bonus program
Medical, dental and vision coverage
Paid time off plan (Vacation, Holiday, Volunteer, Etc.)
401k savings plan including company match
Health savings account (HSA)
Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Short and long-term disability coverage
Paid Parental Leave
Healthy Lifestyle Programs
Employee Assistance Programs
Voluntary Benefits (Ex. Identity Theft Protection)
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .