Career Area:Administrative Support
In the Manufacturing Engineering group at Caterpillar Pontiac, we are responsible for the machining and assembly of Fuel Systems. On the machining side, we use lathes, mills, ECMs, EDMs, HEOs and all types of grinding machines (ID, OD, Plunge, Double Disk and so on); on the assembly side we use gaging, match, and automated assembly and torque stations. During your time here you will learn engineering processes and will create standard work and work instructions, learn tool development, and even how to purchase new machines and fixturing.
You will be working in a dynamic environment and will help create standard work to improve Safety at the facility, you will attend training classes to help you understand manufacturing processes and work with manufacturing engineers to deepen your knowledge. There will also be special projects including the use of 3D printers for fixturing, optimization of machining and assembly processes and the implementation of video training.
- Candidate must currently be enrolled in High School going into your Junior or Senior year of school
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Good communication skills and strong commitment to safety and teamwork
- Experience with Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- The position will close on 5/25/2022 at 11:59pm.
- Position is located in Pontiac, IL.
- No relocation package is available.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .