Career Area:Human Resources
- Understand the different business units (BU) goals and their specific training requirements.
- Develop the competency and learning strategies and programs aligned with the BU’s key objectives.
- Create new regional training and competency management procedures.
- Work with the various business segments (Rotating Equipment, Pressure Control, Machine Shop, Operations & Maintenance) and subject matter experts to create relevant skills assessment programs.
- Conduct skills and competency assessment of existing workforce with local management teams and design specific training plans required to address identified gaps.
- Develop a Learning & Development budget.
- Create relevant comprehensive technical training & competency management programs. Standardize across the Eastern Hemisphere. Produce actual training materials utilizing a variety of media.
- Roll out new training programs at the location/field level.
- Develop tailored training and development plans to address business specific needs (e.g. fast-track trainings to accelerate time to competency or knowledge transfer plans as part of succession plan).
- Develop course content specifications and coordinate with all department to design efficient programs, OJT/competency standards/frameworks as required, with feedback from operations
- Identify an efficient Learning Management System to manage digital training content and track workforce training records and competency. Coordinate, implement and support updates to Competency, Training Programs and Training Matrices.
- Provide auditable records and reports of technical training and certification to ensure that operational leaders have visibility of the competence of their workforce, that gaps are being actively monitored and addressed, and that robust record-keeping is in place.
- Work towards and achieve API Q2 certification for our KOP pressure control services business.
- Manage the continuous improvement of training and competency assurance systems and processes.
- Define specific training KPIs and monitor on quarterly basis. Share with regional management.
- Create new fixed step training programs for university graduates.
- Develop a gender diversity strategy to accelerate the shift and shape tomorrow’s leadership.
- Build new relationships with third-party providers.
- Explore potential synergies and existing resources within CAT learning and development community.
- Align training programs with requirements from operators, agencies and regulatory bodies.
- Develop trainers from the existing pol of experienced supervisors
- Select and manage resources, including working with both internal employees and training vendors to develop and deliver training. Keep abreast of training trends, developments and implement best practices. Manage the tools and technical personnel required to develop, manage and deliver training.
- Engineering degree or diploma in a relevant technical discipline
- Good understanding of all technical disciplines involved (Mechanical, Electrical, Rotating Equipment, Manufacturing, Engineering, Pressure Control/Wellhead), gained through extensive relevant industry experience. A minimum of 5 to 10 years' experience in Operations will be required.
- Previous experience in a training and development management role.
- Proven track record in in producing tangible results, designing and implementing effective training and competency management programs.
- Must have proven track record, developing and executing successful training programs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with strong drive and influencing skills.
- Ability to create, review and revise training material.
- Adaptability and ability to work in an ever-changing environment.
- Computer skills required particularly with Workday, MS Office and multimedia training platforms.
- Strong knowledge of modern L&D tools and Ability to evaluate and research training options and alternatives.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .