Career Area:Environmental Health and Safety
The key role of this position is to learn and assist: to gain an understanding of Caterpillar’s business, systems and procedures; to learn and develop skills which result from the practical application of basic scientific knowledge; and to provide assistance to a project team or others in the work group.
Attention to detail is critical. Uses readily available clear and direct references and provide straightforward solutions to problems. Collects and evaluates data and develops plans for assignments. May expect to have direct contact with other team members and suppliers.
EHS Associates must manage their own development, continuously learning through experience and staying abreast of technology and regulatory changes. Learning will focus on methods, processes and systems applied to the EHS discipline, practical application of theory, communications and building knowledge of Caterpillar’s methods, practices, and programs.
· Assist on production/test safety, environment protection and occupational health management.
· Performs inspections and tests planned to provide experience and familiarization with company operations, specific EHS issues and regulations, and company practices.
· Collects and evaluates data and identifies problem areas, assists more experienced professionals in developing solutions.
· Performs EHS training and activities that has already been developed, promote employees’ safety awareness.
· Play the role of medical (first aid) and security coordinator in EMP&BCP
· Responsible for management of
1) Physical security
2) Occupational Health & Environment
3) COVID19 Prevention
5) First Aid Station Operation
6) Health Consulting
7) Health check mgt & Report filing
8) PPE Procurement & Consultor
9) Sustainability data & activities
10) Pest Control
11) E&H Training & Drill
12) Data declaration (gov website)
A degree in an appropriate scientific discipline is highly desired and consideration will be given to equivalent EHS experience. Must demonstrate strong analytical skills, initiative, leadership, and the ability to communicate effectively.
Over 3 years providing safety and environmental expertise in an industrial manufacturing or chemical environment.
Possess excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with all levels of organization.
Certified nurse certification is required, Familiar with first aid skills and able to provide training for employees.
General computer skills and especially WORD, EXCEL, PPT
Fluent written English, familiar with ISO14001/45001 management system and local & global EHS standards/regulatory.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .