Big machines require big thinking. Are you looking for your next big challenge?
Cat® Digital is the digital and technology arm of Caterpillar Inc., leveraging the latest technologies to build industry leading digital solutions for our customers and dealers. With over one million connected assets worldwide, our teams use data, technology, advanced analytics, telematics and AI capabilities to help our customers build a better world.
Working with a Fortune 100 leader, you can build your career on a global scale and take advantage of development opportunities with emerging technologies. We’ve created an inclusive environment for you to explore your passions, make an impact and do the work that really matters. Join Us.
Caterpillar is growing its team of front-end application developers and is looking for a strong senior software engineer to expand our digital product offering and capabilities enabling 2-way communications between our dealers and end-customers. The position is for a lead front-end developer working with modern cloud technologies in a fast-paced environment.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be a key contributor in software development for critical customer and dealer facing apps and applications while also providing technical leadership and contributing to design, development, and deployment of digital solutions.
- Competent to perform all programming and development assignments without close supervision; normally assigned the more complex aspects of systems work.
- Works directly on complex application/technical problem identification and resolution, including responding to off-shift and weekend support calls.
- Works independently on complex systems or infrastructure components that may be used by one or more applications or systems.
- Drives application development focused around delivering business valuable features
- Maintains high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Identifies and encourages areas for growth and improvement within the team.
- Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of components that require careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results.
The position manages the completion of its own work assignments and coordinates work with others. Based on past experiences and knowledge, the individual normally works independently with minimal management input and review of end results.
- Position requires a four-year degree from an accredited college or university.
- 7 years or more of software development experience or at least 5 years of experience with a master's degree in computer science or related field.
- 5 years or more of experience in designing and developing interactive web applications
- 2 years or more of experience in Angular and TypeScript
Top Candidates will also have:
- Proven experience designing, developing, deploying, and maintaining software at scale
- Strong proficiency with developing responsive, single-page web applications using HTML / CSS
- Experience with both developing and consuming reusable web components
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, GitHub Actions, Azure DevOps, Confluence, etc.
- Working within an Agile framework (ideally Scrum).
- Experience consuming Restful APIs
- Hands on experience with API tools such as Swagger, Postman and Assertible
- Hands on experience with testing tools such as Protractor and their integration into CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience using mocking frameworks and unit test frameworks
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints.
- Passion for technology and an eagerness to contribute to a team-oriented environment.
Preferred location is either Chicago, IL, Peoria, IL or Dallas, TX with flexibility for partial work from home, but will allow for fully remote work for the right candidate in the United States with travel expectations of about 10% of the time when we do return to the office.
#LI-RemoteVisa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .