Job Description & Job duties
1. This position is responsible for ensuring necessary maintenance is provided to keep the facility, machine tools, and equipment in operating condition.
2. Incumbent is responsible for maintenance, machine repair, building maintenance, utilities, machine cleaning and sanitation services. Services performed in these functional areas include: operation of and repair to all electrical, water, compressed air, sewage, air conditioning, heating and ventilating systems; maintenance of boilers, cranes, hoists; repair of roofs, roads; Establishes maintenance schedules for the above.
3. Works with staff engineers to coordinate the installation of electrical, mechanical, material handling systems and miscellaneous equipment and the rearrangement and modification of the facility. Contacts operating divisions to coordinate and schedule maintenance work to assure a minimum of interruption to production.
4. Directs, through the staff, emergency and preventive maintenance repairs for operational support of the entire facility. Provides planning direction regarding equipment condition and identifies potential equipment replacement needs. Monitors essential replacement parts for equipment and coordinates OEM support interactions.
5. Coordinates activities of the staff to minimize interruptions of critical operations. Develops overall maintenance schedule priorities. Provides general maintenance line-up for work schedules on all three shifts. Supports all maintenance activities.
6. Responsible for leading and organizing the emergency troubleshooting to ensure 100% on-time delivery.
7. Responsible for leading team to analyze complex issues to work out ICA and PCA.
8. Responsible for member echelon building, KPI management, communication, coordination and cooperation in team and outside of team to leverage and optimize the resource.
9. Responsible for the budget planning of spare parts, annual improvement project and investment to control reasonable total maintenance cost level.
10.To perform conventional, less complex Environmental, Health and/or Safety (EHS) assignments where building a working knowledge of the products, technologies, processes, services and systems related to specific job assignments.
1.This position requires an engineering or construction, electrical, electromechanical background plus familiarity with company facilities, processes, and equipment.
2. The position typically requires a college or university degree or equivalent experience. In addition, 5 to 8 years of progressively responsible job-related experience are typically required.
3. Knowledge of facility equipment operations and maintenance procedures is required. Requires an extensive knowledge of maintenance and repair operations and procedures.
4. Good human relations skills are required to develop a cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the department.
5. Demonstrated leadership and project management skills in completing complicated and time/budget-restrict projects with outstanding safety and quality deliverables.
6. Strong verbal and written communication skills in order to effectively communicate in a timely manner to peers, subordinates and superiors.
7. Good English written and reading ability.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .